C h p . 1

Adam is out for a morning walk. He takes off his earbud when he arrives at the bus stop. The bus is definitely the best transportation option near the university. More important, It was cheaper compared to the other transportation.

Tit.. Tit..  Tit..

         He startles when a loud ringtone keeps ringing. He wonders from where the ringtone comes from. When he looks around, there is only an old man sitting on the bench. 'Can't he hear the ringtone?' Adam wonders.

          Again and again, the call keeps coming in. Adam is annoyed and is about to approach the old man. 'Sir...' When he is about to start talking, a tall woman suddenly comes and stops him. Adam looks at the woman up and down. What's the matter?

          ''Sorry, I came here before you and accidentally overheard the conversation he had before. I think it would be best if you let it slide. He's not in the right state to talk.' The woman in a pretty thick hoodie tries to explain. She at least hopes Adam understands what she was trying to say.

          Adam nods. He is too busy to care about other people's stuff. Adam takes a peek at the woman standing 2 meters beside him. She's quite tall for an Asian.

          Amra can feel that someone is staring at her. Who else if not the guy beside her? Oh no, is he mad because I stopped him? Amra worried. She can't see the man's facial expression because he is wearing a face mask.

          "Amra! I know you was here." Syana called Amra's name loudly. 'This is a bad day' Amra's thought.

          Every eyes at the bus stop now on them. They hijab sure pick peoples attention. Amra just acting as if she was unbothered.

"I got our breakfast! Sandwiches always the best." Syana shows Amra the sandwiches that she bought from a food stall near the bus stop. Recently she was so into vegan sandwiches.

"Why American hand made sandwiches taste far better from the one in Malaysia?"

Amra looks closely at the tag on the sandwiches packaging. There's only a price and no ingredients stated on it. "Are you sure we can eat that?" Amra looks suspiciously at Syana.

Syana takes her moments to think. "Wait I never thought about that."

Adam overheard the conversation. He had been to that food stall before. The food stall sure got alcohol there. But he didn't care much about food. As long as there's no meat in it he is fine. 'Maybe that girls think so too.' he thought.

"Nah, I'm sure it's fine. The seller know I'm a muslim. He'll warning me if it's not halal is it?" Syana try to convince Amra. Amra still checking the sandwiches.

Syana was so hungry she was so sure that the sandwiches is halal. Plus it was a vegan sandwich so it is fine.

"Umm.. sorry girls, I'm no one to say this but just for your information the sandwiches contain alcohol. I know it because the seller was my friend. If you fine with it then I'm good." Adam hands touches his neck. He thinks he'll die because of embarrassment.

Amra and Syana replied with silent. Their both eyes was on Adam.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I just overheard your conversation." explained Adam, giving the two girls a awkward smile. He about to die out of embarrassment.

"Eh, no we're so thankful. I was just about to have it us a breakfast. We are safe thanks to you." Amra looked down and smiled at Adam. She noticed Adam face lit up like a chandelier.