Toad Tax 1/2

We started the chapter inside of a shop called grub & go as we see Anne and James walking with hop-pop as they stop in front of a wooden box of food.

Hop-pop: oh! Pill bugs are on sale!

Anne: ooh! That reminds me, I'm gonna go grab some of that beetle jerky I like...can't believe I just said that.

James: [chuckled] you'll get used to it.

The two walk off to go get Anne's beetle jerky.

Hop-pop: ok, kiddos, see you outside.

He then shoves all the pill bugs off and into his bug cart

Anne was walking threw the aisle look at the shelves as she walks by while James followed her.

Anne: hmm, where is that...a-hal Scorel.

She stops as she sees a bag of beetle jerky

Anne: and I got the last one.

She reaches for the bug until a tongue shoots up and takes it before she can grab it

Anne: HEY!

She looks and sees it was Wally who took the bag

Anne: That was totally mine, Wally!

Wally: ya snooze ya loose, scarecrow!

He laughs as he flips and hops away

Anne: hey, don't call me scarecrow!

He continued to hop away until James grabbed him by the collar and glares at him.

James: [distorted] GET, LOST..... "He said before throwing Wally out through the Window." Wait, did my voice change? "He asked himself."

A cart crashes into the back of Anne as she turns to see it was Mrs croaker with Archie in her cart.

Mrs croaker: hey! Move your big behind, scarecrow, croaker needs her cookies.

Anne walks away also crossing her arms and grumpily walking away catching up to James

Anne: my behinds not big, I'm big technically it's to scale.

James: it's not your fault yours were big. "He said causing Anne to blush."

Anne: James! You!-WHOA!

She suddenly slips as she falls over from a wet floor as a frog with a mop steps up

Mob frog: hey! Didn't you see the sign, scarecrow?

Felicia: classic clumsy, scarecrow.

The rest of the frogs in the store began to laugh at Anne as she lifts herself up. with a embarrassed blush.

James goes over to Anne and helps her up.

James: you alright, Princess?

Anne: fine....

They walk over to the door as anne walks out but James stops as he glanced to the frogs as they all stop laughing.

Then all the frogs shivers and got scared when 2 Holographic image of Dragreder and Dragblacker appears next to him as the 2 Dragons Roared

James: [Distorted] PUTA... "he said before he walks out."

The two walk over to bessie with the plantars waiting on top as and as a sad look.

Sprig: so did you get the beetle jerky you....

Sprig notices the saddened look on Anne's face and a James' angry face.

Sprig: hey, what's wrong?

Anne: [sighs] its just...I've been here over a month now and the townspeople still treat me crummy I just wish they were a little nicer...

James: that's how society works, Anne, where ever we are. So get used to it. [Shaking his head] and they'll probably gonna respect us if we helped them.

Hop-pop: he's right, Anne, that's just the way these frogs are slow to accept and even slower to respect it's actually our town motto.

He motions towards the entrance to wartwood with a sign hanging under the stone entrance literally saying what he just said.

Hop-pop: you'll find a way to get their respect in your own weird Anne and James way, now who wants pill bug pancakes.

James: [smiles] sounds good!

Anne: ooh! my favorite! "She said excitedly clapping her hands together until she realizes what she just said." ....I've been here too long....

James smiles as he pats her back and kiss her forehead.

James: again, you'll get used to it!

The two get on bessie as they ride through the town as they pass a frog sculptor as he's making a statue of mayor toadstool kissing a baby tadpole.

Hop-pop: well, that statue's new.

Sprig: and tasteless woof!

They all gasp as bessie suddenly stop almost making them fall off

She chirps as she's swinging back and forth as anne gets off and calms her

Anne: whoa, whoa, girl, easy what's wrong?

James also gets off as he pulls out the leafs bessie likes as she starts to eat while James holds it for her.

Anne turns to where bessie was looking to see a giant silhouette slowly getting closer as frogs in the street stop to also look

It was now close enough to make out it was a giant spider pulling a cart with three toads riding on it.

They ride into the town as some frogs are seen running away from them as all three hop off their cart.

To be Continued....