24 | 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐄

Warnings: Explicit language, worried kisses (AGH!), mentions of.. Naked.

NEW ARC!!

༻᯽༺

Please don't. Please don't say something like that. Please, I'm begging you. Don't talk about yourself like that. It's so sad. So.. Sad.

"It was a.. Dream."

Tanjiro's eyes welled with tears, the echo of the clock ticking silently. The sun shined brightly into the room. "Am I.. Alive?" His gaze met the window, the flowers, and then the girl who laid beside his hand.

She smells.. Familiar. Is that.. Athena?

His gaze focused on her closely, the silent whistles of her unconscious breathing, her hair tied back into a pony tail as she bent over to lay beside his hand. Hers rested on his, cupping it gently.

She smells different. She smells like rain and roses. And strong. There's no longer the smell of anxiety and worry but.. Relaxation.

Tears slipped from his eyes as he noticed Nezuko's box close to Athena's hip. Her back rose up and down, slow and steady. "Athena.." He softly choked out, her eyes opening immediately. She sat up swiftly, looking at Tanjiro with widened eyes.

"Tanjiro? Tanjiro, are you awake?" She asked, leaning closer. He softly smiled. She sighed with relief, breathing quickly as she peppered him with kisses on the cheek and forehead. "I was so worried, you were asleep for two months since your last battle, I-I can't believe you're awake!" She cried happily, hugging him tightly.

His eyes widened with surprise, shocked with the unexpected reaction. She cupped his face as she sniffled, tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm so glad you're awake." She smiled. He returned the smile, looking deeply into her eyes with contentment. They smiled at one another for what felt like an eternity. Athena felt comforted as her concerns disappeared momentarily.

"How.. Have you.. Been?" He asked her softly.

"I-I've been okay, the months seemed to pass quickly. I've missed you a lot." She chuckled sheepishly, looking down at his limp hand.

"Really..?" He asked her.

"Yes, really." She looked away, blushing. "Are you okay? Do you feel uncomfortable?" She looked around urgently, searching for anything that could be useful.

"N-No. I'm just fine like.. This." He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Good, okay. I'll be back." His eyes opened, watching the girl walk away. He wanted to call her back, he wanted to continue the conversation, but he laid in silence as air caught in his throat.

"Aoi! Mr. Goto! Naho, Sumi, Kiyo! Tanjiro is awake!" She yelled from the door frame, hearing loud foot steps echo down the hallway as Mr. Goto entered the room.

"What?! He's woken from his coma?!" The castella he held in his hands hit the floor dramatically as the three other girls entered the room. They sobbed loudly, surrounding the bed with the post-coma Tanjiro.

"Thank goodness you're okay!" Naho cried.

"Here, you can have my crackers!" Sumi sniffled as she held out her cracker towards him.

"Why is there castella on the floor..?" Kiyo asked, Goto sighing in defeat. Aoi burst through the door quickly, a sheet covering her head as she gasped for air, throwing it to the floor.

"Oh, it's just Ms. Aoi tangled up in the laundry!" Kiyo commented. Aoi fell to her knees, crying and wiping her nose with her apron. "I was worried you were never gonna wake up, and I felt bad 'cause you went in my place! I'm sorry.." She chocked out, Athena rubbing her back comfortingly.