2. Meeting Someone Special

Lumine's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of someone gently shaking me. It was Paimon.

"Ughhh, finally you're awake, anyways we need to go to Liyue harbor."

"Why?" I asked her as I got up and washed the sand off my face.

"C'mon, no more questions, let's go alreadyyy." She eagerly pulled my arm and floated away.

"Ok, ok," I chuckled as she led me through a pathway and to a giant statue.

                                  ~~~

                           Xiao's POV:

I was wandering around Mt Tianhung
when I suddenly heard a few faint voices that seemed to be coming up the mountain. I pulled out my spear and was about to attack the trespassers, that was until I saw the face of one of them. She had beautiful golden hair that went to her shoulders and perfect golden eyes that sparkled as the sun rays hit her.

"Wait a minute, are Paimon's eyes tricking her or did Paimon just see someone a moment ago?"

"You saw him too?"

Even her voice sounds pretty, no, Xiao, snap out of it, you shouldn't be thinking about such absurd thoughts.

BANG

I snapped out of my trans and saw a mitachurl swing its axe at the girl as she effortlessly dodged it.

"Terra smash," she shouted as a giant rock sprung out of the ground and blocked the mitachurl from hitting her.

"LUMINE, PAIMON"S GOING TO GO GET SOME HELP." 

Just then, I saw even more rocks surround the girl as she stabbed the beast with her sword, killing it.

"No need for help, Paimon. I already finished the job. Paimon?" 

Then, I felt someone tug on my arm as it shouted "Um, hellooo? Are you like awake yet?"

"After you tugged my arm, of course I'm awake. What do you want, flying fairy or whatever you are."

"HEY! PAIMON'S NOT A WEIRD FLYING FAIRY THING!!! Anyways, Paimon needs your help to save Lumine."

I stared at her blankly. "Just who on Earth is this 'Lumine' Person you're talking about?"

"UGHHH, C'MONNN. WE HAVE NO TIME TO WASTE. LET'S GO ALREADY." she said as she tugged on my arm.

"Tch, fine." I started sprinting at full speed and saw that girl again. 

"Ugh, Paimon. I told you not to go and bother other people, I already killed the mitachurl without your hel-

Just then, three more mitchurls, as well as a couple of hilichurls appeared behind her and they nearly shot her arm, if I didn't jump in and save her.

"You wanna repeat that sentence? Hmm?" I questioned as I pulled out my spear and ran up to them.

"You go right, I'll go left," the girl shouted as she summoned a bunch of rocks and threw them at a mitachurl.

I started to run to the right side and I ran into another mitachurl "Evil conquering," I shouted and started to strike the mitachurl and plunged on top of him, making it shrivel up and disappear.

"Star fall," she shouted as she jumped into the air and sliced its arm off. "Heads up, there's only a few more hiliturls."

"Tch, you mortals don't understand the ways of the adepti." I said as I slashed the head of another hiliturl.

"What's an adepti?" she asked.

"Tch. Let's just finish the job already." She nodded her head in response as she ended the life of the very last hilichurl.

"Finally you guys are done fighting, phew, Paimon thought you guys would've never stopped." the little fairy cried.

"Paimon, you didn't even help us with anything. You have no right to complain about this."

"Well, Paimon thinks this guy helped you more than Paimon could, hey, speaking of you, what's your name?"

"Tch, how foolish. The name's Adeptis Xiao. I guard these mountains along with a few other adepti's. What's your name? Clearly I could tell your name is Paimon so how about you?"

 "My name is Lumine, by the way, could you tell me which way Liyue Harbor is?"

I stared at her, he clothing quite different from traditional Liyue clothing. Something about her presence makes me feel...strange.