𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

~WOOYOUNG: RACE OFF~

In the heart of Seoul, under the enchantment of night, the roads transformed into a cinematic spectacle, illuminated by the glow of streetlamps. It was here, amidst the anticipation of an impending race, that we found ourselves gathered. The air was charged with excitement as Mingi, my closest confidant, joined me, his arm thrown casually over my shoulder.

Our friendship was a testament to time, having weathered the storms of our most rebellious years together. Through every phase of school life, we were inseparable, an unbreakable duo despite the occasional irritation his jokes stirred within me.

"Ready to race, Woonie bunny?" Mingi teased, a devilish grin spreading across his face. I responded with a playful nudge, seizing the car keys from his grasp. Our friendship, a blend of deep affection and mild annoyance, was about to face another thrilling adventure under the neon lights of Seoul.

"Mingi, you know I hate that nickname," I retorted with a mock glare, unable to hide the smile tugging at my lips.

Mingi's laughter filled the night, his confidence infectious. "Ah, come on, Woonie. Lighten up! Tonight's the night we show them what we're made of," he proclaimed, gesturing grandly towards the line of cars, their engines purring softly, ready to roar to life.

I shook my head, amused and slightly exasperated. "Just make sure you don't eat my dust too hard," I shot back, the challenge lighting a spark in his eyes.

"Ha! In your dreams, my friend. Just try to keep up," he countered, the thrill of competition igniting a fire within him. Some of his friends around us cheered, picking up on our banter, the atmosphere thick with camaraderie and rivalry.

As we made our way to our respective cars, the excitement was palpable. The city lights blurred into a cascade of colors as I focused on the task ahead. Inside the car, I took a moment to breathe, the leather steering wheel cool under my grasp. The race was not just a test of speed, but of our bond, a shared moment that meant everything to us.

"Let's make this a night to remember," Mingi's voice crackled through the walkie-talkie, a reminder of the unspoken promise between us to always push each other further, to always stay connected, no matter where life's races took us.

With a smile, I revved the engine, the sound echoing through the night. "Always," I replied, the word a vow.

As the tension reached its peak, my hand firmly gripped the steering wheel, my other arm extended out of the window to signal the readiness that coursed through my veins. The night air brushed against my skin, a momentary calm before the storm of adrenaline. With a deep breath, I shifted the gear, feeling the car's power at my fingertips, a silent promise of the thrill to come.

Then, the silence of anticipation was shattered by the sharp crack of a gunshot, the universal signal that set our world into motion. In an instant, my foot pressed down on the gas pedal, unleashing the beast within the machine. The engine roared to life, a fierce declaration of our departure as I sped off into the night.

The initial burst of speed was electrifying, the city lights blurring into streaks of color as we raced through the streets of Seoul. The roar of engines filled the air, a symphony of power and determination as each driver sought to claim victory.

"Watch for Jong-ho on your tail," Mingi's voice crackled through the walkie-talkie, a note of urgency cutting through the noise of the race. His warning came just in time, as I felt a sudden jolt—an aggressive nudge from behind. Someone, undoubtedly Jong-ho, was trying to overtake me in a bold move.

Reacting instantly, I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, the car responding to my command as I executed a sharp drift around the corner. It was a maneuver as risky as it was thrilling, the tires screeching in protest against the asphalt, a symphony of defiance.