𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

~WOOYOUNG: BROTHERLY LOVE~

The next morning, the unfamiliar surroundings of Mingi's living room greeted me, a stark reminder of the events that had unfolded the night before. An uncomfortable groan escaped my lips as I tried to adjust to the sofa's lack of comfort, my body aching from the unexpected sleeping arrangements.

Mingi, ever the attentive host despite the circumstances, shuffled around the kitchen, the sounds of his cooking a small comfort in the chaos of my current situation.

Blinking my eyes open, I caught Mingi glancing my way, his expression laced with concern. I managed a weak smile in return, an attempt to reassure him, though the turmoil inside me was far from settled.

I sat up, rubbing my face in an effort to wake myself fully, when Mingi stepped into the living room. He placed a plate of fried rice and a cup of coffee on the table in front of me—a simple yet thoughtful gesture that spoke volumes of his support and understanding.

"Morning," he greeted, his voice carrying a note of empathy. "Figured you could use a decent breakfast."

I looked up at him, the gratitude I felt difficult to articulate. "Thanks, Mingi. This means a lot," I said, my voice thick with emotion. The reality of my situation, of being kicked out of my home, was still settling in, but Mingi's kindness offered a glimmer of hope, a reminder that I wasn't alone in this.

He nodded, taking a seat across from me. "You know you can stay here as long as you need, right?" Mingi offered, his tone sincere. "We'll figure this out together."

The weight of his words, the offer of a safe haven and unwavering friendship, was a balm to the wounds of the previous night. I nodded, unable to speak past the lump in my throat, my heart swelling with gratitude for the friendship that remained a constant in a sea of uncertainty.

As I picked at the fried rice, the warmth and familiarity of the meal contrasted sharply with the cold reality that had settled over me. Mingi watched me with a patience and understanding that only deepened my appreciation for his friendship.

"I can't believe they told me to leave. I have a bad feeling about this, Mingi. I've never been away from my little brother," I responded, my voice quiet, the words heavy with the weight of my sudden displacement and the concern for what lay ahead.

Mingi's expression softened further, his concern evident. "I know, it's a lot to process. But you're not alone in this, okay? We'll figure out a way to make sure your brother is okay. And about your parents... sometimes, people need time to see things clearly. Give it a little time," he advised, trying to offer a perspective that seemed too distant for me to grasp at the moment.

His words, meant to comfort, did little to ease the gnawing worry for my brother's well-being and the sense of betrayal that lingered. Yet, the solidarity in Mingi's voice, the assurance that I had an ally in him, provided a sliver of hope amidst the turmoil.

"I just... I've always been there for him. It's hard, thinking I won't be there when he wakes up or when he goes to bed," I admitted, the reality of the situation sinking in with each word spoken aloud. The bond with my brother, a constant in my life, now felt threatened, strained by decisions beyond my control.

"At least he's got my number and can always message me," I mentioned quietly, trying to find some comfort in the fact that the bond with my little brother wasn't completely severed by distance. As if on cue, my phone buzzed on the table, a timely reminder of the digital threads that still connected us.

I quickly picked up the phone, a flicker of hope lighting up within me as I saw a message from my little brother appear on the screen. Opening it, I found a simple yet heartwarming message: "Miss you already. When are you coming back?" Accompanied by a string of emojis that only a child would send, it was a poignant reminder of the innocence and love that remained untouched by the complexities of adult decisions.