𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

~WOOYOUNG: DARE TO KISS ~

The tension in the air was palpable, a thick blanket of anticipation that enveloped the room as everyone's eyes were fixed on us, piercing through me as if trying to decipher my next move. Mingi's unexpected nudge broke through my reverie, a jolt back to the present, while San's knowing smirk only served to heighten my sense of defiance.

The thought of kissing a stranger, especially one as arrogantly confident as San, was not something I had envisioned for my night. Yet, his challenge, marked by the playful yet provoking sound of a chicken, sparked something within me—a refusal to back down, a need to prove him wrong.

"Who you calling chicken, asshole," I muttered under my breath, my frustration simmering just below the surface. San's response was a simple point, a silent accusation that left no room for doubt as to his meaning.

"You?" he teased, the simplicity of his challenge hanging between us.

My response was swift, a rush of adrenaline fueling my actions. I scoffed, my irritation peaking as I reached out, gripping the back of his neck to pull him towards me.

Without another thought,I crashed my lips against his in a kiss that was meant to be a statement more than an act of desire. The initial contact was fierce, passionate, a mingling of defiance and something more profound that I hadn't anticipated.

To my surprise, San's breath hitched, a silent admission of the intensity between us. Encouraged, or perhaps emboldened, I deepened the kiss.

San's retreat left a brief silence in my wake, a momentary pause that felt like the aftermath of a storm. I scoffed, a mix of frustration and disbelief at my own actions fueling my desire to distance myself from the situation.

Without another word, I grabbed another drink, the liquid courage barely enough to steady my racing thoughts as I made my way out, seeking a taxi to take me back to the refuge of my home.

Mingi, ever the loyal friend, was quick to follow, his concern masked by a light-hearted nudge. "What was that, Woonie bunny?" he teased, though his voice carried an undercurrent of genuine curiosity.

I shot him a silent glare, my mood far from playful. "I'm done with this stupid game, going home," I declared, my voice calm despite the turmoil swirling inside me.

As we stepped outside, Mingi continued to press, his words a mix of amusement and disbelief. "Okay, we're going, but you just did that. Boy, you tried to prove you're not a chicken," he observed, a hint of pride in his tone.

I nodded, my pride momentarily surfacing despite the complexity of my feelings. "Because I'm not. But now I regret it. He'll probably follow me around like a lost fucking puppy," I replied coldly, the last thing I wanted was to encourage any misconceptions or unwanted attention from San.

Mingi stifled a laugh, understanding my frustration yet unable to fully hide his amusement at the situation. "Nah, you showed everyone what you're made of. But if he does start following you around, I'll help you shake him off," he offered.

"What am I made of, snogging people? God..." I muttered under my breath, the alcohol from the drink offering little solace as the reality of the evening's events began to sink in. The taxi pulled up, and I slipped inside, followed by Mingi, who couldn't suppress his laughter at my expense.

I shot him a glare, my frustration mounting as I checked the time on my phone, only to be greeted by missed calls and messages from my parents. The familiar sense of guilt washed over me, knowing full well they were growing tired of my antics, my sneaking off inching me ever closer to being sent off to boarding school.