Camping

(Your p.o.v)
You kicked your feet up onto the dash of your brothers old truck. Every year you both went out to a certain location to do a camping trip with several other people. It was a nice sunny day in the middle of the summer and you stared at your surroundings through your sunglasses. Trees, trees, and more trees, absolutely beautiful. You were halfway through a trail on a mountain when the group had stopped for lunch, you watched your brother as he talked and laughed with his friends. You knew most of them, or at least recognized them, but the only person you really payed attention to was Mark, your brothers best friend. He had been over to your house thousands of times and you guys talked all the time. Not to mention you had been in love with him for who knows how long.

He began to stroll up to your side of the car, "Hey!" He said happily, leaning against the car. You smiled in response and adjusted your sunglasses, "So how are you?" He asked. "Good, how about you?" You responded. He nodded and looked at the ground. There was a somewhat long and awkward silence after that. You sighed and leaned over to the other side of the car and opened the door to the drivers side, "get in." You said leaning back in your chair.

He looked up and his eyes almost sparkled as he circled to the other side and climbed into the drivers seat. You put earbuds in your ear and turned your phone on, playing the first album on spotify you saw, leaving one earbud out. Instantly American Idiot started playing through the chord. "What you listening to?" Mark asked. You offered him your other ear bud and you both leaned across the middle compartment. "Green Day, nice selection." He said, lightly bobbing his head to the music. You shrugged and checked the playlist that was playing.

You had a thing where you made a playlist for everyone you knew and this one so happened to be the one for Mark. You silently swore and put your phone face down. The next song came on, thnks fr th mmrs. "What playlist is this?" He asked. You bit your lip and quickly tried to think of a random playlist name. Instead you just shrugged and mentally hit your head against a wall. He turned on your phone and scrolled through the playlist and stopped at the name, "Mark?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. You winced, you had hoped he hadn't noticed. "It's... Umm.." You felt yourself start to shake with nerves. Perfect timing, Everlong started playing. You groaned and unwillingly paused the song and pulled the earbuds out. "Might I just say, nice taste in music, foo fighters, green day, that's my jam." He said smirking. You forced a quick smile and looked at the floor of the old and beat up car. "Hey," he took your hand and forced you to look up at him and his gorgeous eyes. He slowly leaned down to kiss you and you instantly went along with it.

You never thought that would happen to you, kissing your brothers best friend, the one you've loved for years. "I love you too" he whispered as he pulled away gently. You let out a shaky breath and looked up at him. He kissed you again gently and pulled away completely, "Now I'm kind of interested to hear the rest of this playlist." You laughed quietly and handed him an earbud putting the other in your ear and started playing the playlist again.

(A/n thanks to all of you for being so patient about the chapters! I have been away from my phone for a week and I wasn't able to post for a while! Again so sorry for not posting in such a long time! Leave me suggestions in the comments and let me know what you think! -rose)