7 - Truth or Dare

Its the day of the party!

I'm at school and there's clearly rumours going on about me already, like they're hardly believable. As far as everyone's concerned I've been too scared to even talk to a guy ever since primary 4 on Valentines day. Which, well, was the day I never wanted to speak to guys ever again but that was until I joined hockey and I only ever spoke to the guys there. By choice I mean, I'd never choose to have a conversation with a random boy in my school because whatevs, only for forced groupwork. Primary 4 Valentines day consisted of me getting my crush a matching necklace, you know, the near default teddy bear holding a heart which was a magnet to the bear. Anyway, went up to him at the park because I knew he would always go there on the weekend after lunch, held a Valentines card in one hand, two necklaces in the other, said 'do you want to be my Valentine'. He said nothing, took the necklaces out my hand, went up to another girl, asked her to be his valentine, then buggered off holding hands. Infront of my damn eyes. In case you're wondering, I ran off in absolute tears and never went to school for a week.

Most the rumours consist of either 'Vero kissed a guy!' or 'Vero slept with an older guy!' and some time this morning I even heard an abomination of 'Vero gave her hockey captain a blowjob!'. My best assumption its the two girls who spread this, and its only a matter of time before I get called into the depute head teachers office at lunch and forbid not during class. Because that's never happened before and my social awkwardness could never deal with that. Good thing my girl friend doesn't believe everything, we're pretty much on the same boat with most things and play 'Dragon City' for the most of our lunch or talk about how the seagulls we named at random moments during break or lunch might have families.

We set off to PE, getting in the changing rooms early as always because we both have a very bad fear for being late to everything. We both never thought we'd stay on to this far in at school, but seeing as we both cannot get at least a B in biology we have to keep going strong. Once we both are changed I start the conversation as we walk to the games hall. And one thing is for sure I haven't gotten over the kiss yet, I sound like my English teacher with baby hormones. "Do you think the party really is for 16 and over? Or am I being snuck in."

Kira, my friend seems very tired of my blabbering about this party seeing as its the only thing that's been on my mind to talk about all day but she finds it very amusing none-the-less. "Couldn't tell you, have you thought about looking it up?"

"Oh, well, that's good thinking." I go on my phone after saying that but the service in the games hall is dung and it takes a good 4 minutes to even progress the loading screen. By now my other friends get into the hall and they have been absolutely on it with the rumours and love taking the mick out of me, in a friendly way of course, they make me laugh when they do it. Research tells me it is a 16+ party, so its all good. Me and Kira walk to the badminton rackets to start a game where we just very falsely serve more than half the time because we are just that good, however she hits it a bit too far and it lands on some other guys court, so I now have to use social interaction with a guy to get the shuttlecock back. I duck trying to dodge the shuttles that are flying at 100 miles an hour across the hall, as well as trying to not talk to the guy who me and Kira nickname 'Backflip boy' ever since he did a flip on a trampoline. Not the most exciting but it gets a giggle out of us whenever we playfully talk about him, nothing personal, sometimes its just about test scores because I always want to do better than him in Biology and Mathematics.

But hiding from people doesn't always work, he picks up my shuttle and just underarm throws it to me. "Thanks." I said quietly, not really wanting to be heard, not that anyone could I mean I am basically Fluttershy from 'My Little Pony'. I walk back to Kira and I's net and continued rounds.

After School - 4:57pm

For the first time in forever I might be able to wear a dress, the dress that I bought years ago and still probably fits because I'm stuck at 5'4 foot and I doubt I wouldn't grown more. It's silvery black and smooth like silk but just the right texture that its comfortable on the inside. I envisioned myself getting rid of this dress a year ago but its still here so may as well use it. I shimmy myself into it and look at myself in the mirror on my bedroom door, fitted on the inside of my bedroom. So, I've either never seen myself in a dress before or care too much about my appearance, I don't even know how to put on make-up and just to add to the mix, no where close to being tanned. But it is what it is, if my parents see me like this also things could also not go down well, but this is my first party in ages, I deserve it.