Chapter 1: The Ball

Emily was a short lady, standing at 4 foot 9 on a good day she was also very petite. Her big blue eyes paired well with her black hair and the freckles that ran across her cheeks. She was by definition very beautiful, but wasn't very kind

Wasn't

That all changed the day they found her, the collectors. At least that's what everybody called them. In this world Vampires were in charge and with that came some very unusual rules. There wasn't that many and most were easy to follow,

1–All vampires under the age of 21 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.

2–Any and all powers used by underage vampires must be done at home.

3–The eldest Vampire within the household is the Person who will determine rules within that home.

Of course there are more complex rules as far as powers and drinking blood go. They also had regular rules as far as basic laws went like no stealing and such.
But Emily knew all of these rules which was exactly why she had been running last night. She had planned to make it to the next village over in hopes the security wouldn't be as severe since it was further away from the castle. She had ran away a few days ago and managed to go unnoticed, that is until she was spotted by a guard who immediately knew she was a younger vampire judging on her height.

She did her best to run away but the older vampires were faster and she was trapped.
Soon she was taken to a van and explained that they would be driving her to the nearest waiting center. A place where misbehaving underage (anyone under the age of 21) vampires would stay until a suitable arrangement would be made in order to ensure the behavior stopped.

Basically she was going to be placed in a new home with a new elder, thus new rules to follow until she is obedient enough to return to her original home. The process could take years and some never return home.

*

The moment she was placed in the waiting center she was informed that a decision had already been made and had been placed in a room to wait. This was normally how things went, rouge vampires were treated as lower class needing structure and guidance.

Most weren't treated the best, and since she had just arrived she was treated no different. It was odd however that she had been paired so quickly. This did give Emily the time she needed to sort out her thoughts, she hasn't committed any serious offenses, other than not being with an adult, and using her powers, and not listening to her elder. On top of the list of things she had done to her elder and the others she lived with. So basically every rule that had been placed.

She was also a very disobedient by nature, she simply couldn't help herself as she found it quite entertaining. Like now for instance she should be sitting down waiting or at the very least not trying to escape. However that wasn't in Emily's mind right now, all she could think about was getting out of here before someone came to get her.

There was a small window towards the ceiling with a gap that might be small enough for her to squeeze through if she really tried, her only problem was how high up the window was in comparison to how short she was. Even while standing on the chair on her tip toes only the tips of her fingers graced the frame of the window.
With a frustrated sigh Emily stepped down and continued her search of the room looking for anything that might help.

*

Unbeknownst to her, she actually had quite a bit of time to figure this out. Seeing as how her new Elder was busy at the moment and wouldn't be able to get her until the next day. These things had to be done in person so sending someone else to get Emily wasn't an option.