Chapter 3: A glass house

The two sat for a while as the space around them went calm. A slight knock at the door broke the two apart as Emily jumped slightly. Seraphina chuckled slightly as she stood up and placed Emily on her feet then went to answer the door.

Emily's pov-
The queen left to talk to whoever was at the door, which gave me time to further explore the room, and what I mean by that is, finding hiding spots and possible escape routes.

I could hear whoever was at the door chatting with her and they were definitely talking about me but I didn't mind, I'm used to being the topic of conversations. At this point I've made my way towards the windows only to discover they don't open. I also tried all of my abilities but none of them worked it actually hurt to try them so I stopped after a bit.

After, I walked towards the closet to get a better look at my new wardrobe and to better understand how Oliver's personality might be.

There was definitely a lot of pink and purples on my side, tons of fluffy dresses and frilly skirts. I also noticed she bought me quite a few shoes, some of them were sneakers and some were more elaborate but they all looked comfortable. There didn't seem to be any underwear of any kind which somewhat worried me but it was honestly the least of my worries at the moment.

Bored with my things I moved to Oliver's side, His things were the same pastel theme but he had blues and greens. It became obvious that he likes cars and dinosaurs since they were embroidered on most of his shirts and jackets. He also had a ton of shoes most of which lit up.

I was nearly done looking through his things when a small crack on the floor caught my attention. I had to move all of my shoes out of the way in order to fully see that it wasn't a crack at all but a small door instead. It was far too small for even her to fit through, at most a large book might be able to fit. It didn't appear to be locked either.

I looked back to see that Seraphina was still preoccupied with her conversation, so I slowly and carefully pulled the door open.
Empty, there was absolutely nothing inside which somewhat irritated me. I had wasted snooping time looking at this door only to find nothing.

I sigh as I get up and halfway fix my mess. It was just in time too because the moment I was done the queen had also finished with her talk and was now walking towards me.

"What are you up to little one?" She asks now in front of me, I internally cringe at the nickname but otherwise ignored it.

"I was just looking at the clothes you selected for me." I said, this way I wasn't technically lying since at some point I really was just looking at my clothes. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she moved closer to me.

"You're lying to me? I can't tell what for it's not even a necessary lie, you found nothing in the box so I don't see how I could punish you for finding it. Is what why you didn't tell the truth? were you avoiding punishment?"

I stood there looking like a catfish with my mouth hung open in shock, had she really read my mind? She couldn't have I wasn't thinking about the box.

"I can read your mind little one, but it's not the only thing I can do, if I want I can see everything you've ever done." The Queen interrupted again.

If she is telling the truth then I'm never getting out of here, even if I do find an escape route she'll have seen that I did. The queens gift is going to keep me trapped here if I don't find a loophole soon.

"Your way of thinking is quite amusing little one."

"Stop calling me that and stay out of my head, I never said you could do that!" I could feel myself getting more frustrated the more I thought about my predicament.

"Did you just raise your voice to me Emily?" Seraphina didn't look pleased and I couldn't care less.

"There isn't anyone else in the room."

"Oh?" She said as she took wide steps towards me, I closed the gap and looked directly into her eyes still slightly intimidated but my anger could over look that right now.

"Were you not just punished?"

"Yes I was, against my will!"

"I am your Queen, my word is your will whether you like that or not." Seraphina had clenched her jaw she was definitely getting angry and that's all I needed to see before I quickly pulled my arm back and aimed right for her face, but before I could make contact and very cold hand caught my own.

I looked up expecting to see Seraphina, but she was all the way by the door, instead I was met with her wife, Queen Veronica. She didn't let go of my hand either and instead continued to apply more pressure nearly breaking my hand in the process. Her brown eyes looking down at me with clear anger written across her face. I tried to speak only to be immediately cut off by a quick show of Veronica's fangs, they were huge and sharp and it made me think twice.

"Please don't tell me you were planning on hitting my wife? Your Queen?" Her tone was sharp and left no room for nonsense. I avoid her gaze and look towards my feet, but another hand slowly pulls my chin back up forcing me to maintain eye contact.

"No I..I wasn't going to hit her, I um I was stretching? Yeah I was stretching."

"Hmm? Well why don't you stretch over to that corner over there while Seraphina and I have a little talk." It was definitely more of a command than a question and I picked up on that immediately. I slowly walked to the corner she had pointed out and reluctantly stood there staring at the wall.

I wasn't too upset about being in this position, it was definitely better than the punishments Seraphina had, but it was quite boring. I must had stood here for at least forever before anyone came to check on me, although I knew they weren't very far anyways because I could hear them talking.

It was Veronica who came to get me out of the corner and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She tapped my shoulder and I turned to face her, now less intimidated.

It was then that she crouched down so her and I were the same height.

"I do believe you have something you'd like to say to someone."

The sudden reminder of an apology was almost enough to make me turn back around, I'd rather look at the wall. But I was bored and going tired.

"I'm sorry." I said nonchalantly.

Veronica let out a long sigh before looking behind her to Seraphina who just nodded her head.

"Well little one, I am sorry to, it looks like you're not ready to get out of timeout yet."
Before I could protest of attempt to apologize properly, she had me turned around and facing the wall, I went to speak but something was quickly placed in my mouth. The object felt oddly familiar like somehow it had been there before, I took a quick glance down and what I saw nearly made my stomach turn.

A bright pink jeweled pacifier was in my mouth, and even more so it was attached to my clothes now held there with a matching ribbon and a clip, my attempts to spit it out were in vein and only left me feeling frustrated.

"It'll stay there until I see fit, there is no point in trying to spit it out Emily. I suggest you take your punishment like a good girl so you can have fun and get out of the corner."
Seraphina said from across the room. A memory of her hand across my bum flashed across my mind and I quickly stopped. It didn't stop me from thinking awful things however. She could completely control me, could she?