10.

[ Making Amends ]

Micah • 19

                         2:45 pm | Kai's home |

Micah's pov

3 weeks have past and no word from Maya. I know what I did was messed up but almost a month and I haven't heard from her? I guess I should have expected this.

Plus I missed my room.

I've been staying with Kai this whole time and need to say it's been good. I mean publicly being a couple isn't so bad, we get to hold hands, kiss and grab each other's asses without fear that my sister might see. The only bad part is we get stares because... well we're two studs.

People aren't used to seeing people like us together. That doesn't stop Kai from showing affection to me, that's what I love about her. At 19 I really feel like I found the love of my life... in the most fucked up way.

I wanted to tell my parents of my new found love but I've been avoiding them since the fall out with my sister. I don't know what Maya told them but they won't stop blowing up my phone. My mom to be specific, she knows me and my sister are close so hearing that we haven't been speaking for the past few weeks must be hard for her, it's hard for me.

My mom is the most supportive person when it comes to my love life, when Liyah cheated on me? She wanted to beat her ass just as bad as Brittany did. So it's been difficult not telling her about Kai and how good she treats me.

Speaking of Kai, she walked into the living room plopping down on the couch right beside me. "Hey beautiful." She said exhaustedly, she had sweat beads trickling down her forehead.

"Where you just come from?" I asked sitting down my phone to give her my full attention. She moved my legs onto her lap. "A run? What it look like?" Kai sneered. I rolled my eyes at her tone.

"Baeee what are you cooking for thanksgiving." She whined leaning her sweaty body on me. "Back up you sweatball." I pushed her away laughing. She looked at me offended.

"And who said I'm cooking?" The only thing she getting out of me is a grilled cheese and maybe some ravioli on the side.

"Well my family ain't cooking this year... like every year. Are we going to yours?" Kai asked, I never missed a thanksgiving with my family but due to the situation with my sister, I just might have to miss this one. I know for a fact Maya is going to be there.

"We can't go to mines, Maya is going to be there." I frowned thinking about the delicious food I was going to miss out on. "So what? I ain't scared of her." Kai responded.

"That doesn't matter."

"Our relationship is getting more serious, about time I meet your parents anyway." Kai turned towards me. She had a point, I'm just so scared what might happen when my sister sees me. "Oh c'mon you really about to have me starving this thanksgiving?" Kai pouted like a puppy.