୨⎯ "𝕋𝕨𝕠" ⎯୧

𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕤

I had no clue as to why Carlos so strongly doesn't want me dating his sister, but honestly, after meeting her, I don't want me dating her either.

Talk about having an uncontrollable temper.

All I can do is pray that Carlos doesn't bring her to any more training sessions, or I might lose my mind.

~

The next day when I get to practice Carlos is already there.

I go out to the garage and look around. I immediately spot Carlos and Rupert out on the track, and there are a few mechanics in the garage, but no sign of Catalína.

Thank god. I think, but a second too early, as I immediately bump into somebody rounding a corner. This time she's wearing a McLaren hoodie and jeans, a contrast to the red and yellow of the Ferrari training complex.

"Sorry-," She begins to say, but stops and narrows her eyes upon seeing me. "Watch where you're going, Charles."

"Me? That was entirely your fault, Catí." I snap back.

"Dios mio, stop with that stupid nickname."

I scoff. "In your dreams."

"I'd sooner be dead than dream about you, cabrón" she snarled.

I was about to shoot back an insult when Carlos finally walked over and stepped between the two of us.

"Charles, would you stop fighting with my sister and get suited up? I've been waiting here for 20 minutes, at least."

I looked away from Catalína's insufferable face and nodded at Carlos.

~

After some laps and getting used to the new car, around 12 we're given a lunch break.

"We should go to that diner downtown." Carlos suggests to me as we're walking out into the parking lot.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea." It hadn't yet occurred to me that going out for lunch with Carlos meant going out for lunch with Catalína.

We get to the diner and sit down at a table. In the car ride over I had convinced myself that I'd be able to survive Catalína as long as I tried to ignore her. And it seemed that she had decided the same thing, as she was sucked into her phone the moment she sat down.

We all order our lunch and Carlos and I fall into pleasant conversation, with Catí rolling her eyes at what seems to be every other thing that I say.

After a few minutes we're rudely interrupted by Carlos' "Smooooth operatorrrr" ringtone going off. He puts down his sandwich and picks up his phone.

The other person is saying so much he can barely get a word in.

"But I-" he tries to say, but is immediately cut off. He sighs an "Ok." And hangs up the phone.

"Sorry to ditch you guys, but Rupert just called. They're having an issue of some kind with the car, and for some reason it's something they need my help with." Carlos apologizes while standing up and pushing in his chair. "Charles, you can drive Lína back over, right?" He asks.

"Um I-"

"Thanks, you're amazing." Carlos cuts me off. He pats Catalína's shoulder while walking away. "Play nice!" He calls.

I look away from Carlos walking out the door and over to Catalína staring daggers at me. I'm starting to get scared.

"You know what, Catí,-"