Prologue

The moon hung heavy in the sky, casting a glow over the battleground where the final showdown between good and evil are about to unfold. I found myself kneeling on the blood-soaked ground. As I slowly regain conscious, I see my friends scattered around me like discarded puppets, slaughtred by the relentless witch. 

As I looked around everything that has happend led me to doubt my actions. The failure and regret ripping through me. Did I lead us to this? Was it my choices that brought them to this desperate moment? Guess I really screwed up this time.

"Alex..." My brother's voice, barely a whisper.

I gritted my teeth against the pain and uncertainty, refusing to back down. A flicker of anger ignited within me, a spark that could burn down this darkness.

"Well, well, look what we have here. The mighty Alex, brought to her knees at last," the witch taunted, as she loomed over me, sword stained with blood.

"Congratulations. You've really outdone yourself this time. Taking down a bunch of teenagers, Impressive," I retorted.

Summoning every ounce of strength, I pushed myself upright, refusing to bow before the witch's presence as I shadow the pain shooting through me.

"The only way I'll ever surrender is over my dead body," I declared, trying to sound way more badass than I actually feel.

The witch's laughter echoed, making the ground stutter.

"Oh, how noble. I'll make it a painful death then. You're nothing in front of my power, child," the Witch mocked, her eyes shooting daggers at me.

Rolling my eyes, I steadied myself, determined not to let the witch's taunts break me.

"Yeah, yeah... Put that on your resume," I muttered under my breath, using sarcasm as shield against the expecting doom.

As she opened her mouth to speak I interuppted her.

"Save the villain monologue for someone who cares, Now shall we dance," I smirked while trying to keep my balance.

I coud feel her boiling with rage, as the witch raised her sword, preparing to deliver the final blow, I close my eyes, steeling myself for the inevitable.

"Get ready to eat your words, Alexandra Moon," she threatens, raising that bloody sword aiming towards me.

"Oh, joy! Just what I always wanted. Do your worst, witch," I mutter under my breath, bracing myself for whatever's coming.

But even as the darkness threatened to consume me, I felt a fire burning within me grow bigger and stronger, like a surge of power building up inside me, is about to explode. I know what I have to do, even if it means doing the worst.

"Alex, don't!" A voice pleaded from behind, cutting through the chaos, filled with panic.

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me," I smirked, unleashing everything I've got.

As the witch came towards me with rage blinding her, this would be the war that would determine the fate. And in the heart of the darkness and sorcery, I stand firm, ready to face whatever horrors awaited, with sarcasm on my lips and blazing fire in my heart. For all I knew that even in the face of death, I would never surrender without a fight.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey Readers

How do you feel about the prologue? Exciting right!!

Check Out rest of the chapters I cooked up for you ^_+ .

Hope you're enjoying this as much as I am.

XOXO

Lav:)