Episode 8: Girl Meets Olivia

[John Quincy Adams Middle School.

History class. Harry is holding a present.

Harry: Ancient Greece--

Jules:  What that? What that that?

Harry:  What thi-this? (pointing to the present) This is a present.

Jules: Is it for me?

Mia: What's your game, Styles?

Harry: Game? I mean no game. I just want to know who here wants this present. (All students raise their hands except Mia) Oh, Mia, what? You assume by playing hard to get, I'm gonna give it to you?

Mia: Well, yes. That's one of the many arrows in my quiver.

Joshua: (Shudders) Medieval talk-- What are you doing to me, woman?

Harry: Jules.

Jules: Yay! (Jules opens the box) "The Trojan horse"?

Harry: Surprise.

Jules: This isn't a present. This is one of your life lessons wrapped up in a class lesson wrapped up in a box of nothing.

Mia: How you doing, honey?

Jules: I'm all worked up.

Mia: I know. (Jules puts back the frame into the box)

Harry: You assumed because it was all neat and pretty that something good was inside. Ancient Troy was protected by walls. The Greeks couldn't get in, so they built a big wooden horse and left it behind. What do you think the Trojans did?

Jules: They left it there because they were afraid that somebody was trying to teach them something.

Harry: They captured it as a trophy and brought it inside. That night, the Greek soldiers crawled out of the horse and defeated Troy. What have we learned here? (Asher raises his hand) Mr. Angel.

Asher: Don't make assumptions based on what you see?

Harry: Jules, listen, I'm sorry I made an example of you. So here's a gift for you.

Jules:  Ooh-- No! I want to-- No! Pretty ribbon-- No!

Asher: I'll take my chances with that, sir.

Jules: No, Asher. You have to assume it was no good because the first one was no good. Aren't you all proud of me, dad?

Harry: No!

Asher: (Reads the card) "Get out of detention free."

Mia: Ooh, I could use one of those. Gimme that and I won't call you "Ranger Rick" all week.

Asher: Here you go.

Mia: Thanks, Ranger Roy.

Asher: Lemme guess. Ranger Roy is filling in for Ranger Rick?

Mia: All week. And now... you.

Harry:  Oh, is something gonna happen to me?

Mia: Yes, it is.(Stands up and approaches the table) A d-d-d-d, a d-d-d-d (tries to stand on top of the desk) a d-d-d-detention. But not today. Boom!

Harry: Read the card.

Mia: Huh?

Harry: Card.

Mia: (Reads the card) "Say 'get out of detention free' then give worthless card to Maya then watch her dance on my desk." (Returns to her desk)

Harry: Never assume. Look more deeply. Just because something is wrapped up all pretty, doesn't always mean it is.

Mia: (Turns back to Asher) You were in on this!