035 - 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

BLOOD BORN • CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
⋆𖤐₊˚.༄ 035. a decision.

— in which valera slowly dies because of sam

𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒, Jacob standing beside her with his hand on her shoulder. She was glad Jacob had imprinted, but she had no idea how this would pan out over time. She didn't want to feel like there's no solution to every problem, she just wanted things to go back to the way they used to be. The only problem was that they weren't in a normal world, they never will be. The more she was away from Embry, the worse pain the girl became in. It was a new thing for her and she felt like she could hardly breathe. It had been going on since the last time Embry left her side. She had been struggling to stay awake, to breathe properly. She continuously felt like she was going to black out every time she moved or stood up and felt she had no one to talk to about it. So, she kept it to herself.

"She shouldn't be this still." Edward gently spoke, watching over Bella's body which had been cleaned up in the anticipation that his venom had worked.

"It's the morphine." Carlisle explained, continuing his explanation as his adoptive son was full of doubt. "Listen to her heart."

Jacob and Valera glanced at one another before widening their eyes in focus towards their best friend. Bella's hair seemed to appear like it was beginning to become more thicker, more vivid in color. Her body appeared to fill out once more, her wounds healing. They both couldn't believed their eyes. Once again, there was hope.

A moment had passed, everybody narrowing their eyes on Bella...waiting. There was a slight movement near her eyes but Valera brushed it off. That was until everybody's hope's were fulfilled...Bella's eyes shot open.

Her hand shot up as she eyed out her wedding ring. Valera wanted to run at her, flatten her best friend with a one-time willing hug. She also wanted to cry with happiness. However, she couldn't. Carlisle advised her to stay beside Jacob, in case the scent of her blood caught Bella's attention.

Valera's smiles had never been so wide before, gleaming her happiness toward her living best friend. Bella smiled back, but kept her focus on Edward. With content, the girl left the room with the others leaving the pair to their privacy, as well as controlling her thirst for blood. She paused, leaning onto a table in one of the rooms. Her head pulsed with absolute tension, her eyes felt like they must've been red-raw whilst every muscle in her body felt like they were being torn to shreds, inch by inch, one by one. Then, the pain stopped. She gathered herself, not knowing what was going on. Quite frankly, Valera wasn't the only one to feel this way - Embry was dealing with it too, the exact same aches...the distance of the imprints were just too much for too long and now, because of the feud between the clans, they were paying the price.