IV

I arrived to work on time that evening, but I wasn't so much as dedicated as it would seem. Truthfully I was hoping that girl and her friends would stop by.

Why stop by my house? And how did they know where I lived?

I knew I was probably just gonna make a fool of myself.

There was no possible way they could have.

So who had broke into my living space and saw my life put on an invisible hold?

"Uh, ma'am? I asked for a refill?" The throaty comment cane from none other than the our town's sheriff.

"Sorry sir," I apologized and quickly ran back to the counter and came back with a hot brew coffee.

"Three sugars and a little extra grain at the bottom," I smiled and walked off to another table.

The next few hours were spent delivering and refilling drinks but the most interesting part was right before the sheriff left.

"Ladies and gentlemen. If I could have your attention for a second." He stood up from his chair and took off his hat, holding it near his breast.

Everyone calmed in their conversations and went to look at him. I too, paused in the making of another drink to stare.

"I would just like to announce that any parties held overnight must be a little more quiet. Two days ago, there was a trail of rodents packed up by the forest line. Animal control has found it to be your usual party snacks. However, they were injected with poison. They were furious and you already know I don't mind these parties but it is illegal to feed wildlife around here and more or less poison them. Let that just be a reminder."

The sheriff adorned his hat once more, took one last gulp of his coffee and strode out.

Like nothing had been said, everybody returned to their conversations. Considering he had found the obligation to announce it in the first place was amusing to me. He needed to go a little younger in age groups if he was referring to parties.

Tonight was a lot easier closing up. By the time we closed, all I had to do was clea the bathroom and mop the floors.

Just as I had started the bell rang.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Lily and her two friends walked in, both of them looking around the bar in awe.

It was just a bar; nothing special.

"Hey Chloe!" Lily approached as soon as she had saw me.

"How'd you know I'd be here?"

As soon as I had spoken, I instantly regretted it.

Of course she knew I worked here.

"Uh, well, can't not remember the place I was with the bathroom that had a ton of puke. Her fingers moved down in quotation marks. I gave her an apologetic smile.

"It's usually true in the mornings. But you could go check now if you don't believe me."

She waved my offer away, pulling a chair off the table and sitting on it backwards.

"What are you up to after work?" She seemed unusually fascinated with her unmanicured nails.

I pretended to look at an invisible watch of my bracelet-covered wrists. "Doesn't seem like I have any plans, considering once again, it's almost midnight." I watched her closely, a little suspicious.

The boys had obviously found out there wasn't anything interesting and leaned on the chair Lily sat on; one of either side of her.

"I don't know. Maybe you'd like to join us at that party at Vernon's since you ditched out on us yesterday."

I tilted my head, somehow insulted. "I didn't ditch out you know. After work it's usually my time. Not anybody else's."

Lily looked at me with a innocent gaze.

"I mean, to be fair, I was trying to pay you back for helping me, aside from the whole calling the ambulance and police."

"What's wrong with them?" I chuckled. Even the people here were harmless.

"Let's just say money doesn't grow on trees. And a hospital requires that to be true."

Touché.

I sighed, pulling my ponytail out of its hold and ruffling the long strings. "I mean...I guess..well i'll go then."

Lily giggled and quickly motioned for me to follow. "Boys!" She yelled, as I quickly clocked out and gave the place a once over before following behind.

Instead of going over to my place, Lily led us to one of the worn down apartment complexes. We had two others but they were still in the process if being built. This one was as old as time which I assume was the reason for building the other two. Not to mention, we'd have more visitors.

Considering my mysterious house visitor, I felt all anxiety melt away as we walked up the stairs. My eyes glanced over the worn out walls, the tattered and torn up plush carpet and instead focused on the door ahead.

Room 416.

Lily opened the door and as I was not surprised by the mess of clothes on the floor and the worn out leather couch with what looked like claws on the armrests, I was surprised at how cleanly it smelled.

Then again, I guessed both the boys and Lily lived here.

"It's a costume party tonight so boys, go wild." She threw a pair of clothes at both of them and they ran into the bathroom together to get changed.

Or I hoped.

When I returned my gaze to Lily, she was eyeing me up and down. I resisted the urge to run my hands over my bracelets to make sure she hadn't noticed what was underneath but she snapped her fingers and ran to the wood dresser in the corner.

I guess this apartment didn't have a bedroom.

She pulled out what looked like a black cat costume.

"I think you and I are pretty close in size so this should do." I paled at the sight of the revealing outfit but before I protested, she shoved it into my chest and went to dig around again.

This time she pulled out a black bunny costume and began to strip her own clothes off.

I felt a blush raising up into my cheeks and quickly turned around to adorn the cat costume all the while ignoring the grunts and sounds of frustration as she got into her costume.

I threw mom's pants aside and quickly put on the tight leather pants of the costume. However, it didn't cover up my stomach.

My stomach that lacked the skin that should have been there. The corset wasn't any better and heightened up mu boobs probably a lot more than I have ever had them out.

I put on the mask which covered the upper part of my face but grazed the undersides of my cheekbones.

I turned around just as I caught Lily applying lipstick. She glanced over towards me, her long ears swinging in my direction as she gawked. "Holy moly Mia. I didn't know you were that skinny. You look so hot in that."

I raised my arms a little to cover my stomach as the boys came out of the bathroom. They were dressed in gray mouse costumes. I had a feeling these weren't just party costumes and shuddered.

Both of them took one look at me and whistled. "Damn Lily, you sure know how to dress." Jason nudged Jaxson's shoulder and they both nodded.

"Ugh, stop drooling and let's get this party started!"