An Unexpected Guest

Arcturus: "I think that's everboody. Thanks for the help, Y/n! You got used to it so fast."

Y/n: "I have something similar back home."

Arcturus: "I guess Mid Eartheim--"

Y/n winces as she makes a mistake.

Arcturus: "Right sorry."

Spica: "Standard issue magic tools aren't dissimilar to Stella Tabs. You should be able to familiarize yourself with them in no time. Lets head to the committee room."

~After Arcturus and Spica explain~

Y/n: "Done! No thanks to either of you!"

~Committee Room~

The room is empty except for the three of us. Spica brushes a hand through his long hair as he prepares drinks.

Spica: "Juice again, Arcturus?"

Arcturus: "Yup! You're cofee's way to bitter and hot, Spica~"

Spica: "I would barley call it hot... I'll go ahead and prepare whatever you'd like to drink as well, Y/n."

Y/n: "Coffee please, my addiction is calling."

Spica: "Great choice. I hope my coffee suits you. It would be nice to chat over coffee sometime."

Spica hands me a coffee.

???: "What is this, an emergency meeting for a tea party?"

Y/n: "...?"

Two more people step into the meeting room... They both shoot a glance at me.

Arcturus: "Hey, Poll. You brought Alpheratz too!"

Pollux: "More like dragged him here, but yeah."

Alpheratz: "Seriously? Nobody asked you to. You make it sound like you did me a favor. All you really did was ruin my nap."

Pollux: "Yeah, yeah, grandpa. You're already here, quit complaining. Something sweet, Spica!"

Alpheratz: "Spoiled little brat..."

Y/n: "So you two are best friends."

Pollux: "Yeah, I'm practically his only friend. He should be thanking me."

Alpheratz: "Does this really look like friendship to you? All I see is harassment."

Arcturus: "Haha, yeah. I never get tired of watching those two. You'll get used to it soon enough, Y/n."

Y/n bumps her head against the table cracking it.

Spica: "They're an absolute disgrace to the dignity of all sorerers, if you ask me... Alpheratz, Pollux. Cut it out, both of you. Stop bickering and take your seats."

Pollux: "My butt's already planted. Come on, Alpheratz. Act like a grown-up for once!"

Alpheratz sighs.

Alpheratz: "Every single time. Alright, alright. I'm seated now... ...Spica, please don't look at me like that."

Y/n: "Is this everyone?"

Arcturus: "I haven't heard back from the others. I guess this is everyone."

Spica: "It was very short notice and unplanned at that. Some are simply too far away. If not... It's simply a matter of apathy, which is a long-running committee tradition."

Arcturus: "Too bad! Oh, I should introduce you to these two! Or even better, you could introduce yourselves."

Pollux: "I don't know. It seems unnecessary..."