Chapter 7

August 2023:
JANE'S POV:
What do I love about summer vacation or any other school break is that I can sit all day in my bed and do absolutely nothing (but I mostly end up watching a movie that of course I don't finish before falling into a deep sleep in the middle of the day just to stay awake almost all night, my routine is a mess I know). Unfortunately this whole coming week I won't be able to to do that since I'm going to be partying with all my friends from the cast of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
Did it happen to any of you that your friend group chooses an activity for you all to do together but in someway you are not fond of it so you shut your mouth up in order to not upset anyone? Well... it quite happened to me, sadly...

The next day after Walker arrived in Boston with his whole family, Leah, Dior, Charlie and Aryan managed to get at the hotel right on time, my parents decided to hold a party at our house (you'd be surprised of how big it is, I sometimes get lost inside myself) and Emma (the best friend whom I owe my life to and all kind of stuff, but has no idea how to bite her tongue) proposed that we should go to the beach, surely everyone agreed, how delightful for me...

The strange thing with me and the sea or ocean is simple, I don't like them, they don't bother me. I can't stand when I'm into a pool or river or anything else where I can't touch the ground with my feet (some scenes from Percy Jackson were literal nightmares for me, they will haunt me until my last breath).

"Come, sweetie" my mom said walking out of our car with my father. We arrived at the beach where not so surprisingly were so many blankets and people coming to enjoy a warm day of August.

"I'm going to do some diving" one of my brothers, Patrick, said with a smirk looking over at Hayley, my other brother.

"If I hold my breath longer, you must let me play with better weapons for the whole weekend" Hayley proposed pulling his hand out just for Patrick to shake it making a deal. I rolled my eyes at the two while closing the car door, they usually did those kind of bets over stupid things like video games, even if they were 17 and 18 they didn't act mature at all.

"Jane" Dior startled me by practically jumping behind my back and pulling me into a hug before walking me towards their blanket. Leah, Charlie, Aryan and Walker were already there, their families chatting under the umbrellas where my parents already joined them, just a few feet away from us while drinking some lemonade.

"Let's go. The others are in the water" Dior spoke with a smile thinking that I will go, I looked over to the sea feeling my stomach hurt at the sight of people swimming with so much bravery.

"Yeah... I'm gonna sit here a bit..." I choked hardly moving my eyes back at her before sitting down on the blanket with my song notebook in hands. Dior gave me a confused look before running into the water to join the others, I knew what she must have been thinking that maybe I was a freak because who doesn't enjoy the water when coming to the beach?! Well, that person was me and probably the only person in the world.

I sat myself comfortably on the blanket, luckily the sun didn't bother me because of the umbrella, and continued to write the song I had been working on all week, it felt nice though to be outside and to feel the soft breeze touching my skin. Notification from Em💗

Em💗

how's day at the beach going?

wonderful... you know I don't like the sea and I don't know to swim Emma😒

Yeah... but you can be taught😏