Chapter 19

(PRESS PLAY ONLY WHEN ITS A WARNING)

JANE'S POV:
Walker and I rushed to the backstage where Gia had told him to meet, the music competition was going to start in a few moments as I could notice the jury gathering at the table which was facing the big stage. I gulped at the sight, they seemed to be harsh people to impress, I've never been to a competition before (and I will never be) so I couldn't know truly how that's like but I could imagine and it scared me to the bone.

"Something wrong, jeans?" I head Walker ask me while we were making our way through the many people towards the backstage, as we took the left where it was still very crowded I noticed, from a quite far distance, Gia and Lucy standing by the door and talking with Kyle, Ben and Noah, the boys from Walker's lacrosse team and friend group. I didn't answer him anything so he stopped a few feet away from the entrance of the backstage, the others were too focused on their talking and didn't notice us from the distance.

"Jane?" Walker asked again more sternly looking down at me, I wanted to tell him why we had stopped but all I did was to peek up at him and swallow again.

"You're trembling, baby, what's going on?!" Walker seemed so worried, his blue eyes searching me for anything he could have noticed it must be bad. I knew what was happening to me and I couldn't believe it was happening right then, truth be told I couldn't command my panic attacks when to take over me.

Those panic attacks started a few years ago when I was around 13 after my childhood friends, Mike and Amanda, broke up with me. My parents were very worried when the first panic attack had hit me: I was feeling dizzy and my head felt as it was going to explode making me feel so sick that my face turned pale. And so that was how I found out, from the hospital my parents took me to, I had a high level of anxiety. It was difficult for both me and my parents to help me with it, after few months I started to control it, yet in this moment seemed like it returned.

I tried to inhale and exhale in order to calm my heavy breathing and trembling body, this panic attack must have been caused by the image the music competition had offered me, an harsh jury and hungry public. "I'm fine" I mumbled between my heavy breathing, yet Walker didn't seem to believe me so he pulled me into a thight loving hug.

"Jane, talk to me, I'm here. I'm not leaving you. Please tell me what happened" Walker told me with a soothing voice, while rubbing my back tenderly. I had both my face and hands leaned on his chest trying myself to not burst out in tears because of the anxiety crisis, yet something from Walker helped me, I felt safe and blithe into his arms as I breathed out my anxiety away feeling my body relaxing.

"I'm okay... I promise..." I whispered and he seemed to heard me as he placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. Unfortunately I couldn't tell him the reason I was acting weird, I couldn't bore him or burden him with my own problems which only freaks sort of had, what would Walker think of me if I told him I have huge anxiety disorders? That I'm a weirdo.

Walker slightly pulled away to look down at me with his sweet smile, his thumb caressing my cheek as he pressed a kiss on my forehead muttering an "I love you" , I smiled to myself knowing that I had the best boyfriend in this entire world.

————————

"Here you are! It's bad, really really bad!" Lucy exclaimed from the door as me and Walker finally arrived at the backstage, the worry and excitement before the competition could be highly seen on her face. I noticed that she was wearing a purple sparkling dress long enough to reach her knees and her blonde hair was a bit curly on her shoulders while Gia was wearing the same dress but her dark hair was straightened on her shoulders.

"Vivienne can't sing" Gia added with a sigh, my heart dropped and so did my jaw. "What—what do you mean she can't?" I asked emphasizing the last word, truth be told I had never heard Vivienne sing since we have only known each other for only a few couple of hours if I stay and count.