Dinh (1)

Prompt - "I can see you yawning." 

Requested by AuthorOfManyFandoms 

Dex P.O.V 

Looked like it would be another long night.  Dex was at Solreef, tweaking his latest gadget as fast as he could, but he couldn't figure out what needed to be fixed.  During the test run, it decided it didn't like being in one place, so the tiny sphere shot all around the walls.  

It startled Princess Purryfins, which caused the deranged cat to run in a frantic circle before winding up on the ceiling.  Linh was still trying to lure the cat down.  

When he looked out the window, he could just see the sun start setting in the horizon.  It was pretty, how it seemed like an invisible paint brush across the sky.  The purples were blending with the blues, making him think of Linh.  

He blushed and glanced to where she was sitting, trying to get Princess Purryfins used to water.  A ball of water the size of a baseball floated in her palm, her other hands straining to hold the deranged cat.  

"Linh, leave the thing be,"  Tam told her, looking up from his book.  

"Princess Purryfins isn't a thing!"  Linh protested.  

Tam just rolled his eyes and joined Wylie and Tiergan in the kitchen.  Dex continued tweaking his gadget, but he'd been working on it so long he decided he needed a break.  So, he packed his work up neatly and stood straight.  

"Hey, Linh?"  He asked, feeling his cheeks burn.  "Do you, uh, want to come with me for a walk?"  

"Sure!"  She smiled.  "Let me just put Princess Purryfins in my room so Tam doesn't try and throw her out."  She rolled her eyes at her brother and walked away with the restless cat.  

A few moments later she returned and the two started on their walk, staying in silent for a while.  When they came up to the lake, Linh started making shapes from the water.  Dex watched in awe, still shocked at how talented she was.  

That was one of the things he loved about her-but not just her control.  She always cared for others and was always sweet.  And she was humble, and gentle, and always tried to find peace.  She was the most peaceful, yet one of the most powerful elves Dex knew.  And even though she was quiet and peaceful and humble, she still had a streak of rebellion, like her brother.  

Water shapes of horses and swans and birds danced through the air above the lake, some circling Dex a few times.  He smiled as he watched her.  

After watching her play with the water for a few more minutes, he reluctantly decided he needed to get back to work on his gadget.  The two elves went back inside, and Linh went to his table and helped him work.  

"I can see you yawning,"  he whispered after a while, noticing how she kept trying to hide her yawns.  

Linh's cheeks turned a rosy color.  "I'm not tired."  

"Come on, Linh, I can finish tomorrow,"  he told her.  

He knew she was internally fighting sleep, but she wouldn't be able to stay awake much longer.  None of them had rested since the Neverseen's attack that morning.  

Dex walked over to the couch and plopped down, looking back at her.  She sighed and followed, sitting a few inches away.  He handed her the blanket next to him and she wrapped it around herself like an elf-burrito.  

Her eyes slowly started to flutter close as she subconsciously leaned her head against his shoulder.  Her breathing aligned with his and he couldn't help but smile at her.  

"Good night, Linh,"  he whispered softly, kissing her forehead before leaning back fully and closing his eyes.  

"Mhmm,"  she mumbled sleepily.  

A/N:  Ok that was probably terrible but it's fiiiiiinnneee.  I changed the name from Dinh Oneshots to KOTLC Oneshots because uhhh......I forgot Wylie existed and I kinda ship him and Linh......my KOTLC ships is complicated cause I ship one person with like 3 people so yeah.....I'm open to any ship as long as it's not gay/lesbian.  

Remember to leave a prompt/request for what oneshot y'all want next!  Be safe and have a great day, 

-Anne :)