⁷ haircut

The loud trumpet rang out, yet again awaking all of camp. Still tired, I rolled over and tried to get a few more minutes of sleep.

"Nope, I don't think so." Squid said, walking over to me and shaking my shoulders. "Go awayyy." I mumbled into my pillow, only for my thin, itchy blanket to be ripped off of me. I sat upright and tumbled out of bed, "Asshole."

"Hey, Ladybird." Magnet called as I pulled off my pyjama shirt, swapping it for a new one. I hummed in response, glancing up at him. "I got them scissors for you."

"Really?" I smiled, I'd asked nearly a month ago when I first got to camp if he could get me a pair of scissors, my hair was driving me crazy. "Yeah," he walked over to the spare bed in the corner of the tent.

Some guy called Squints was there before, but he left camp a while before I arrived. Magnet lifted up the thin mattress and pulled out a pair of old scissors lightly threw them to me and they landed by my feet. "Ah thank you! It's about time though." I laughed.

"Guys, I give up. I physically can't move." Armpit complained. "Me too," I called from my hole. We'd been digging for a few hours and I was nearly halfway done. "Hey, look!" Squid announced. "It's the bus, we must be gettin' someone new."

I looked up and saw the yellow bus, sun reflecting from the windows, practically blinding me. "Or maybe someone's leavin'." Barfbag hopefully suggested.

"I doubt it man," I shrugged, going back to digging. Eventually, another hole was dug and Squid and I headed back to camp.

"Here," he offered, taking my shovel from my hand and I said a small thanks. "So, d'ya think the new kid'll be in our tent?" He readjusted the two shovels in his hands.

"Probably, I hope it's another girl. Getting sick of you lot." He gasped in mock offence as lightly shoved me with his shoulder. "Hey, you got a birthday?" He asked.

"Nah, I just spawned one day. Us aliens don't celebrate spawn-days." I laughed, as he did too, only his was sarcastic and hollow. "It's July 10th. When's yours?"

"August 12th." He said. "That's a few days before the twins'." I smiled, thinking of my younger sisters. "The twins?" His eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Yeah two of my sisters are twins, Sierra and Sophie, they're eleven. Then there's Killian and Heidi, they're twins too, they just turned six in April." I paused for a moment. "You have any siblings?"

"Naw... Got a cat though." A small smiled creeped onto his lips. "'Er name's Trouble."

"Aw that's a cute name. I've always wanted a cat. If I got one I'd call him Elvis, or maybe Brenda. If it were a girl." He snorted at that. "Brenda? You'd call a cat that?"

"Yeah, can't you imagine a little orange cat, Brenda. It'd be adorable!" I defended. "Sure Ladybird." He laughed, putting the shovels away as we neared camp.

"Mr Sir's been acting weird lately don't ya think?" I said, we walked over the the water spigot. "Yeah, he quit smokin'."

"Really? I didn't notice." Squid simply nodded. "Alan, y/n!" Pendanski yelled. "Come meet our new camper."

I looked up to see Mom, a tall girl trailing behind him, already dressed in a jumpsuit. Her curly blonde hair was in a ponytail and she had piercing blue eyes. Yes, finally! Another girl.