An Unexpected Encounter

Tags from AO3:

Warnings: Rape/Non-con

Pairings: Midoriya Izuku/Todoroki Shouto, Bakugou Katsuki/Midoriya Izuku, Bakugou Katsuki/Midoriya Izuku/Todoroki Shouto, Bakugou Katsuki/Todoroki Shouto, Izuku Midoriya/Original Female Character(s), (Not the Focus)

Characters: Midoriya Izuku, Todoroki Shouto, Bakugou Katsuki, Aizawa Shouta, Class 1-A, Original Characters, Original Male Character(s), Original Female Character(s), The Original Character(s) Are not the Focus

Tags: Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Angst and Hurt/Comfort, Drug Use, Alcohol, Drug Addiction, Addiction. Drug Abuse, Prescription Drug Abuse, Hurt Midoriya Izuku, Midoriya Izuku Needs a Hug, Midoriya Izuku-centric, Sad Midoriya Izuku, Poor Midoriya Izuku, Poor Life Choices, Midoriya Izuku is a Mess, Midoriya Izuku is Not Okay, Midoriya Izuku has Panic Attacks, Sexual Assault, Rape/Non-con Elements, Midoriya Izuku is a Good Person, He's Just Struggling, Midoriya Izuku has Self-Esteem Issues, Threesome - M/M/M, Polyamory, TodoBakuDeku, TodoDeku, BakuDeku, BakuTodo, Bakugou Katsuki is Bad at Feelings, Bakugou Katsuki is a Good Friend, Bakugou Katsuki is a Good Significant Other, Bakugou Katsuki Swears A Lot, Soft Bakugou Katsuki, Pining Todoroki Shouto, Pining Bakugou Katsuki, Todoroki Shouto is Whipped, Bakugou Katsuki is Whipped, Todoroki Shouto Loves Midoriya Izuku, Bakugou Katsuki Loves Midoriya Izuku, Fluff, Fluff and Angst, Romance, Eventual Romance, Angst with a Happy Ending, Eventual Happy Ending, Sad with a Happy Ending, Todoroki Shouto is a Dork, Protective Todoroki Shouto, Protective Bakugou Katsuki, Overprotective Bakugou Katsuki, Todoroki Shouto Has a Crush, Bakugou Katsuki Has a Crush, Midoriya Izuku Has a Crush, He Just Doesn't Know it Yet, Shh, Angsty Schmoop, Second Year Class 1-A (My Hero Academia)

A/N: So I snorted/ingested five of my Vyvanse pills and here we are.

Izuku couldn't pinpoint the exact moment when his life began to spiral into absolute chaos. Perhaps it was the day Shouta caught him having a panic attack in the boy's bathroom and urgently insisted that he see Hound Dog. Maybe it was when he started seeing the psychologist who prescribed him a heavy dosage of Alprazolam for his newly diagnosed anxiety and Panic Disorder. Or maybe it was when he'd mistakenly taken an extra tablet, feeling like he was soaring high above all of his problems.

(Or was it his 'problems' that drove him to this point in the first place?)

He didn't know, and quite frankly, with each day that passed, he seemed to care less and less.

Regardless of the cause, Izuku found himself in a perpetual state of calm these days—yet at the same time unease lingered just beneath the surface. The medication helped, to some extent, but the extra pills he forced down his throat every day also left him feeling detached from reality, like he was floating through life rather than actively participating in it. He tried to focus on the present, on classes and the experiences shared with his friends and classmates, but the sleepless yet drowsy nights and the heaviness in his limbs often dragged him down.

He often wondered if things would ever get better, if he would ever feel like himself again. But for now, all he could do was take each day one at a time, and hope to God no one caught on to what he was doing to himself.

It was within the first week of taking the pills (even before he had tripled the recommended dosage) that he noticed a few things. The way his limbs felt weighed down and his eyes half open. How, as the weeks wore on, he became more and more sluggish, how heroics training became a struggle of taking hits instead of dodging and parrying them as his reaction time grew slower and slower. Each new trip to the hospital increased his dosage, and each time, he felt more and more trapped in his own body. Within the first month, he found that he couldn't stand up without becoming off balance, and he was constantly lightheaded and dizzy.