4. I wish I was brave enough

- I am not blind. I just want to make him pay for everything he did.

- Man, even if I wasn't a part of this damn criminal world I'd still know that you can't put that man behind the bars.

- Why not?

- Because he can buy the police! Are you sure you know your job well enough?

- I do.- I could see he was mad.

"Why he kinda..." I am pretty sure my cheeks turned pink. From the anger of course!

- What if I am working with the police?- He changed his posture, leaning towards me, placing his elbows on the table.

- What?- I was surprised by his words.
"Please don't come closer. I already can't think straight."

- What if I am working with the police.

- You? Aren't you a gangster?

- So?- It started getting on my nerves.

- What do you mean "So"?! You're a criminal!

- What does being a criminal mean to you?

- A person who kills, steals, breaks the rules...?

- Yes I've killed. I've killed many bastards out there that should have been sentenced to death.

- Just because you said so?!

- Just because they did horrific things to people that deserved better! - He lowered his tone: - Because they killed their wives and children. Used their own family, sold innocent children they kidnapped just for their pockets to be full. These fuckers deserve a special place in hell. I just help them get there.- I stayed silent the whole time, looking at him with wide eyes. - I know Kim Jaesung is one of them. I know that he makes people work for him against their will. And you were one of those people. Am I wrong?

I looked down, playing with my fingers.
- How did you find out?

- Bruises, Y/n. I know you tried to cover them.

"I forgot about that. The small ones on my legs had almost healed. I had darker and bigger ones on my thighs, but made sure the dress was covering them. That crazy bastard didn't touch my arms so I could work faster.

- C'mon, you can't break her arm. She has lot's of work to do. I don't care about her legs. Maybe if she didn't have them, she wouldn't be able to go anywhere and would finally do her job properly!"

A cold shiver ran down my spine at the memory. Christopher looked at my facial expression knowingly. He tried not to develop the topic about me anymore:
- I know killing people is against the law. But I help the police. Hell, I do half of their job! When they want to catch someone, I do it for them and they lock them up in prison. Pretty simple, isn't it?- I stared down once again, nodding. He took a bottle of Vodka and added it to the liquid, next came a red one.

- I have a few friends in the police department. Their boss is a really good friend of mine.

- So they don't care about what you do?

- Not that they don't care... They try their best not to get involved. It's been quite a long time since I used my gun anyway...
He put the glass in front of me.

- Here you go.- A smile appeared again. I already had missed it. I smiled back this time.

- Thank you. - I took a sip. - ...Wow.- I was surprised when I realised it was actually delicious.

- Is this your hobby? This tastes wonderful!

- Yeah, you could say that. It just helps me calm down sometimes.- His cheeks took a pink color, my heart melted down like a caramel.