ooo : destiny.

chapter one : destiny.

“ i just.... adore you. ”

──────────────────────────

        ★﹒       Okay, as corny as it sounds. But there is a certain belief about soulmates. They said that when you reach the age of four, your parents will you a notebook and you can write there the messages that you wanted to give to your soulmate along with your name. And every 20 years, those notebooks will be automatically given to your soulmate. And once you weren't able to get a notebo ok, it only means one thing— you don't have a soulmate. Because even though they are dead. You will still be able to get their notebook.

And that was the main reason why (first name) hated those beliefs about soulmates. Who would want something that had already been decided ever since you were born? It was more exciting to decide the things that you want because that is your life.

Well, it's not like she became like this because she wasn't able to get her soulmate's notebook 20 years ago. And she still had those nightmares of her parent's reaction after they realized that she didn't have a soulmate. It's not like she will die alone anyway. She had her brother whose soulmate died before he could even meet them.

"Hmm." Her brother, Imaushi looks at her with his usual deadpan expression before speaking. "It's the 20th year today, I thought you would stay at work?"

Now, it's (first name)'s turn to deadpan at that nonsense that she heard. "I'm not that bitter, nii-chan. It's not like I'm going to throw a tantrum today just because it's the 'notebook day' you know?"

Rolling her eyes sarcastically, (first name) entered their house. She doesn't know what the hell is wrong with the government for declaring this day every 20th year as a "soulmate holiday". Well, it did help her in some way since she wanted to take a rest from her work today.

"You're not hanging out with Shin, Benkei-san, and Takeomi-san today?" Opening the refrigerator, (first name) took out a bottle of water before opening it. "Their hanging out with their gals, don't wanna become a seventh wheel, idiot." Imaushi grimaced.

"Poor you." (First name) smirked, seeing that Imaushi got pissed by those simple words from her. She chuckled, drinking from the bottle as she put it on the table. "How about hanging out with me today? I'll cook for you today. How's that sound?"

"Hard pass, you're a bad cook. You might poison me."

"I hate you."

"I hate you more, sis <3."

Imaushi gave her a lazy grin before sitting on the couch and opening the TV. She was about to go to her room when Imaushi suddenly said something that made her stop. "Ah, right. Now if I think about it. You gotta package—"

"What?"

(First name) suddenly had an urge to leave their house right now by the time she heard that. No way, there's no way that a package will be coming today because this is a damn holiday that was meant for soulmates! And the Snickers that she ordered for Imaushi will be coming tomorrow, not now! So, it only means one thing. "Where did you put it?"

Her voice was shaking because of both anxiety and excitement. Imaushi turned his head, looking at his younger sister who was looking for him with a shocked expression. His eyebrows raised in amusement as he spoke, "At your room—" before he could even finish his statement. His sister had already run to her room, smirking, Imaushi crossed his legs as his eyes went back on the television.

"And she keeps telling me that she doesn't believe in soulmates." He chuckled, humming.

Meanwhile, on (first name)'s room. By the time she entered her room, her eyes landed on a paper bag placed on the top of her bed. She unconsciously smiled, imagining how Imaushi casually tossed this on her bed with that stoic expression of his.

"I swear if this is not a notebook— I will start considering staying with Nii-chan until I die." She mumbled to herself as she looked at what was inside the paper bag. A part of her was nervous, yes. But there's also some part of her that already stopped expecting things like this.

But then, she felt her eyes teared up realizing that there was a notebook inside it. Taking it out, she wiped the tears from her eyes as she opened it. But then she paled, she swore— she suddenly saw her life flashed before her eyes at the sight of the first page of the paper.

"You've gotta kidding me." She squinted her eyes, looking again at the name on the first page of the paper. She rubbed her eyes, opening and closing them several times hoping that the name would magically be changed but, spoiler alert. It didn't.

"Fuck."  She murmured, biting her nails nervously. Before, she expected that her soulmate was either the same age as her or one or two years older than her. But, this! This is different from what she imagined! Unknowingly, she threw the notebook across her room creating a loud 'thud'.

"(First name) shut it!"

She heard Imaushi's yell, but she didn't care as she felt her phone vibrate. Indicating that she got a message from a certain someone— opening it, she groaned in embarrassment.

You're cuter than I expected, Wakasa-san.

It was her friend, Shin's younger brother, Mikey's friend. She didn't know why the hell they became friends but it just happened. BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW! Standing up from her bed, (first name) took the notebook from the ground as she opened it.

Dear Soulmate,

    I don't have any idea why I'm writing this. But my mom kept on pestering me to write these entries for you. I don't get why "soulmates" exist. But I guess, I'm stuck with you and you're stuck with me.

                                             Your soulmate,
                                          Mitsuya Takashi.

No matter how she slapped herself right now, the name on the notebook didn't change. "Fuck it." Now, instead of being happy about meeting her soulmate. (First name) found herself getting annoyed and pissed. Because, her soulmate was Mikey, her friend's younger brother's friend. A person who's five years younger than her and her long-time crush.

"Damn it, out of all people in this damn world— why him?"