Bite 370: Partners

The number rang in his head multiple times, "30,000 coins". It was a figure he had never achieved in his life before, and he was wondering just why it was so expensive. An advanced crystal was usually sold in the market for around 10,000 Credits. Usually the fee of creating something using the crystal would then cost around the same.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is the price so high?" Quinn asked.

"I thought you were some spoiled rich snob with the way you placed those three advanced crystals out on the table like that," Alex replied. "Look, I'm not cheating you. You probably thought that similar to the basic tier and the intermediate tier crystals, the cost to work on these would roughly be the same as the cost of the crystals. But the advanced tier crystal takes an incredible amount of time in comparison. Not only that, but you want me to make one weapon using all three.

"Some weapons and pieces of armour only need one. The second reason is the metals I'll be mixing in with the beast crystal. I will have to purchase them myself, and while you can get away with putting cheap metals and mixing it in, it will only make the weapons' durability low. With basic tier weapons and intermediate tier, you don't have to worry so much. But with these beautiful things," Alex said, looking at the crystals closely. His eyes were almost touching them.

"These, they need better treatment."

From the way Alex talked about the crafting method and the way he looked at the crystals, he could tell that this person was a true forger who loved his craft. He was the right person for the job. The only problem was, how would Quinn come up with 30,000 credits? The initial posting of this chapter occurred via N0v3l.B11n.

Looking at Alex still staring at the crystals, Quinn started to think hard. He could always just use his influence skill and force him to create one, but it felt like an abuse of his powers. If he was to do that, then what would be different from him and all the other high-level students who forced the others to do things for them?

If he was going to work hard on something like this, then Alex deserved to be rewarded for it. The second reason, Quinn saw a light when meeting Alex. He didn't want him to just work on this weapon, but maybe all future weapons. He couldn't just keep using the influence skill on him to force him to do work whenever he wanted.

Finally, after a while of thinking, Quinn had come up with a plan. Though he was unsure whether it would work or not, it was the only thing he had.

"I can't give you the money," said Quinn. "I just don't have that much but what I can do is give you these." His shadow equip was activated, resulting in the smoke and a dark shadow to start appearing in the palm of his hands.

Alex immediately went to grab the spear that Ray had brought, thinking that perhaps he was going to try to force him into making things for him. It wouldn't have been the first time it happened, and it surely wouldn't be the last either.

But then, when the shadow disappeared inside Quinn's hands, the gauntlets he wore were seen. They were still quite badly scuffed up from the fight with the Multiplier, so they honestly didn't look that great.

"I'll give you these," Quinn said, handing them over.

Alex took a brief moment to have a look all over, and there were a few things he noticed but didn't say anything. For intermediate tier weapons, it was some of the best quality work he had ever seen.

"Who made this?" Alex asked.

"I don't know, I found it on a planet in a storage room, and that's not the only weapon I have either. Not only that but these weapons seem to be one of a kind. On the market place, I couldn't find anything that came close to or to like it. It's the same with the other weapons as well. My suggestion is for me and you to become business partners."