Chapter 2: journey

Dream and Punz spent the last two hours packing whatever they needed for their travel such as food, potions and weapons. They didn't know how far they wanted to go and neither where they wanted to go.

Punz suggested to go north and live in a snowy taiga by themselves while Dream suggested the same byome but in a village, since that would give them extra protection due to the iron golems. In the end, Dream easly won.

They both Always liked the snow, they used to have big ass snowball fights with Sapnap, George, Karl and other people before the problems started. Every time it looked like a war, and that prepared Dream to fight a real war, not much time later.

The only time Dream has ever hated snow was when he separated from techno when he got out of prison and he had to walk barefoot on the cold ground to reach Punz. His feet were red and cold like a block of ice so Punz let him put them in hot water and that really helped.

They planned to go Tonight, using a potion of invisibility so that no one could see them. They didn't want to leave any trace behind, like they disappeared out of nowhere.

And that's what they did. At exactly 11pm they both drank an invisibility potion and got out of Punz's house and towards the north. Dream looked back at the SMP one last time, was it really worth It leaving all those memories and all those people behind like they were nothing?

They lived so many memories and felt so many emotions, they made friends, they laughed, they cried, they yelled, they died, they lived so much and now they were about to leave like everything was useless. Was It worth It?

Yes it was, and none of them was ashamed of It.

Dream's innocent dream became a living nightmare, and he was ready to let go of It to find happiness. He started walking again, with Punz next to him.

None of them Will miss this place.

-------

It was now 5am, they walked for exactly 6 hours and they were tired so they decided to set a tent in a plain of grass to sleep, Dream built the tent while Punz took the wood from a nearby oak forest to make a campfire.

After Punz lit up the fire, they sat silently, warming themselves before the same man decided to speak up:
"Will you miss It?"

Dream raised his gaze to meet Punz's one:
"What?"
"The SMP, Will you miss It? Will you miss the buildings? The people? The memories?"
"No." He said with no hesitation, not even thinking about it: "i Will not miss any of It, i will sleep so good at night, knowing that i'm not there anymore." He stated.

"You? Will you miss anything at all?"
Punz thought before answering: "we met so many people and made so many allies... But you're the only one worth missing."
"I am?" He asked.
"You are." He replied with a smile.

Dream felt comforted by his statement, he was happy that he cared so much about him to Say something like this. Sapnap and George said something like this once but we all know how did it go in the end.

Punz asked him another question:
"What Will you do with the book?"

Dream looked at his bag, where the book was. The revival book was something Jschlatt himself gave him, a possible solution to immortality and the reason he's not dead yet, that's all that quackity wants from him and Dream was not willing to leave such a powerful object in the hands of someone like him.

"I will not let anyone use It. It's too much power that cannot go in the hands of unworthy people, you're the only one i trust enough with It. Well, you're the only one i trust at all." He said as he pulled out two chicken meats from his bag and put a stick through them before holding It above the campfire to Cook them.