One - Proceed with Caution

Cautionary Tale
noun
"A story, experience, or situation that serves as a warning to others."

Revenge
noun
"The action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands."

And as of now, proceed with caution.

—————————————————————————————————

"Another gruesome murder took place last night.."—

"Whom citizens are calling 'The Reaper'.."—

"The Reaper?" —  "Yes.. a serial killer." —

"I heard they call him that 'cause he only comes out at night and stalks its prey.. like an animal. Then he strikes when you least expect it! Taking your soul.. like the actual Grim Reaper.."—

"The heroes are doing nothing!"—

"Sources confirm that "The Reaper" is indeed the prime suspect of the kidnapping and murder of CEO"—

"..that savage killed my father!!"—

"..the motive behind these murders are still unknown"—

"How could the heroes let this go on for so long?! My children are scared!!"—

"Maybe 'The Reaper' knows something we don't." "—Are you seriously trying to justify this serial killer's actions?" "—Look.. we can't rule out the possibility.."—

"Who will protect us..?" —

"I'm scared to leave my home!"—

"The Reaper"!—

"The Reaper".—

"The Reaper.." A young boy whispered to himself as he listened to the news reporters and citizen statements on the jumbo screens in the downtown area of Yokohama city; discussing a case that's been at large for three years now.

"This guy's really been making a name for himself these past few years. People seem to be on edge." The boy looked up to see the citizens' reactions to the latest killings.

Their faces contorted; disturbed. Was it sympathy for the victims and their families? Not likely. Something a little more selfish; they were afraid for their own lives. The boy shook his head. The chances of a random person being murdered by an infamous serial killer were nothing short of zero. He knew they had absolutely nothing to worry about.

The boy continued walking and into a dimly lit alleyway. He tightly grasped the straps to his pink run-down backpack. His body stayed stiff as he picked up speed; his walking slowly turned into a swift jog. Not too far up ahead was a large drainpipe, the one he commonly used. The boy tightened his backpack straps and took off into a full-on sprint. He jumped up and grabbed onto the slippery pipe and began to climb. His movements were ragged and sloppy but they got the job done, the boy reached the rooftop of the building.

He overlooked the city's skyline, consuming the breathtaking view with his eyes, briefly. He huffed, slightly sighing. The boy took a step off to the side and quickly dismissed the enchanting purple and pink colors of the dawn sky. He was more thrilled to see the beauty that awaited him at his destination. The young boy sprinted, vaulting over a variation of tall and short obstacles. With the edge of the building approaching, he ran faster. The tips of his shoes brushed against the frame of the rooftop and he leaped, flailing his arms around. He jumped far enough to reach the next structure and continued his parkour.