Chapter Seventeen

It was only four days before winter break, and the Dream SMP decided they were going to do a manhunt.

They had split up according to age. Sapnap, George, Techno, along with Mattieu and several other kids were all part of one group. Tommy, Wilbur, their roommates and a few other people were a part of the other group.

Currently, Techno was hiding behind a tree. He was trying not to get caught, but it wasn't easy when the snow on the ground made everything brighter. However, if Techno survived, his team would get a point for him surviving.

During the previous round, he had climbed a tree. That prevented anyone from finding or catching him.

Sadly, though, when the boy running the game found out, he made a rule against climbing. Now, since they were on the second round they played, they could get their teammates out of jail. But so far, they had caught no one that Techno thought would be useful in the game, and he saw no reason to try to save them.

The person walked by Techno without seeing him.

Techno had only joined the Dream SMP by accident when he found a secret passageway. He was super excited to find it and followed the path.

When he reached the end, he pushed the door open, straight into a meeting.

It turned out that it was a very important meeting, too. The main group started whispering, trying to figure out what to do about Techno, while a couple of other kids came over to distract him. Techno had also seen Tommy and Wilbur and their roommates, but they moved out of his line of sight. After a few minutes, they said that Techno could join, if he promised not to tell Sapnap or George.

He had agreed, and just like that; he had joined.

A whistle blew, signalling the end of the round and taking Techno from his thoughts. He started walking back to the group, keeping an eye out for anywhere he might want to hide next. He wanted a spot to hide that was near the prison area. The next round that he was hiding in, he would have to get to a safe area for his team to get a point.

When he got back, the boy running the game made amendments to the rules and updated the points board. Then he sent the hunters to go stand in a little igloo everyone had made earlier in the day. They were supposed to stay there while the hunted hid.

When the time was up for the hunted to hide, Techno started off at a quiet run. It was fairly easy because of the snow being heavy and soft. It was good for building snowmen and making snow angels.

Techno snuck up behind one boy and tagged him. Then he tagged a girl, then another girl, a kid, and another boy.

By the end of the round, Techno had tagged five people, and his team was just barely in the lead with four points. He had also figured out where he was going to hide.

It was the last round, and this time, Techno's team was the hunted. They all scattered and hid.

Techno found his hiding place in between a tree and a large rock, with some ivy creeping up the stone and onto the tree. With the ivy and the snow, on top of him there was a roof like a shield to hide him from any hunters.

It had been about five minutes and no one had found Techno. The plan was to wait until ten minutes to pass before running to the point area, so Techno had that time to wait out.

While he was waiting, he kept an ear out for hunters and tried to stay focused on the game, even though it was quite hard.

He ended up failing in his attempt to stay focused, and his mind drifted onto more interesting things.

For example, how did the Dream SMP get its name? It was really odd that the Dream SMP called themselves that; it made little sense. 'SMP' stands for 'Survival Multiplayer,' but in what game? There weren't any video games that Techno could think of that they would have been playing to get the name.

Also, why 'Dream?' Techno was sure that was the name of Georges and Sapnap's older friend. The one that used to go to Darwin. He had left a couple of years ago. And if Dream had the namesake, why weren't his friends allowed to know that the club existed?

Suddenly, Techno snapped out of his thoughts. He had two minutes to get back to the points ring if his team was going to get a point from him that round.

Techno got out of his hiding place, but didn't realise that there was a hunter right there. He had been unaware that Techno was there, but tagged him.

Techno walked over to the prison in defeat. He was pretty unhappy about how he didn't notice the hunter, and the other team ended up winning.

~~Word Count 854 ~~