Chapter 2

40 days ago before being captured

The sound of my keyboard and my heartbeat is the only thing I can hear, my whole focus on my screen as I try to delete my traces online and my where about. Now you would think I'm doing this in a secluded area but your dead wrong.

Damn it!

I cursed in multiple ways as I extend my patience for a minute longer. I type finger away to the group of number, letters and codes that will save my ass from prison while seating in a public table and chair in a university cafeteria.

I'm not this tacky, I refer myself as professional because I have been doing this for years but right now, how in the world did I forget to delete my history trace.

I learn to code due to those books and online program, online tutorial and invested myself to personal teaching. I never have a degree in this area but how much I learn. I created a website that sell my offered service to this sick bastards.
I plan, my identity, and how should my operation works that way I can keep it under wraps and not traffic any site that may alarm the FBI. It eas a master plan.

Im a genuis in disguise. 

Who would thought I would arrive in this present if it were not for my careful work.
Although, there are some risk to the job such as hiding my identity, tracking the clients and ofcourse knowing the clients and getting out of the police and cybersecurity radar is tough.
I had some complete close calls and one tap away, they could have known my identity and my background. My family would be disappointed of me if they knew.

If they knew.

After finishing everything and double checking I turn my laptop screen down with a heavy and deep breath of relief.
I'm milisecond close in being found out.

My eyes survey the crowded cafeteria and no one is on my business or eyes that look towards me, I blended in perfectly like I was in my last minute deadline for a class assignment.

" Zolani". A hand knock on the wooden table that caught my attention looking to my side. It was my friends, Luca, the male with clear brown eye and perfectly clear skin.
Sage, the intelligent burn out one with dark hair and Asian who just called my name with sweet voice and Piper Valentino, rich kid and model like figure but dumb.

I breath and fix my personality#4 for this friend group. "Sage." The other two slide in the chair infront of me while Sage seat next to me.
"What are you doing?" Luca ask.

I answered like it was the most obvious thing and that is homework that was due today which earned me Sage's click tongue and head shake in disapproval. "When are you gonna take your homework seriously. Seriously, Lani, this is why your GPA is lower than Piper's. "

Piper's stupid grin which I happen to look at irritated me the most and Luca chuckled.

"Zolani, baby, are you coming this weekend?" The brown haired guy ask with his grin still plastered on his face. My brow raise as if asking for details and Luca answered, "Piper is walking for the runway this weekend. 'Blanche'? Was it..."
Sage nod and I, scan their faces like they were  expecting my answer.

Ofcourse, his the son of the Valentino, rich family and even how dumb this bitch is he still got bright future ahead because of connection.

I ask for which day and Sage fill me in the other details that the two male left out. "Can't". I simply said which Piper sigh in a kid like sound while shooting me with his puppy eyes, not gonna lie it is very cute. But I had things to di that concern my safety. After that recklessness, i just can't afford ti give another to the scavenger acting predator.