Chapter 29: I'm just a girl

I would be lying if I said I wanted to be here right now, at the track, however I signed a contract.

Someone from the red bull team had given me a skateboard and just told me to ride it while the drive to survive got a camera shot. It wasn't my first time riding a skateboard despite what they had initially thought, trying to get me to make a fool of myself or something.

During my angsty teenage years i would stay out for hours skating around with friends i made, especially this one called mikey. Me and him got up to things... yeah- anyway.

"Your still recording right?" I asked with a grin.

"Yeah." The guy holding the camera responded.

I jump with the board flipping it and just as I'm about to land some one pops out in front of me.

"Lando!" I scream as I fall into him. He pulled me back up his hands holding on to my wrists tightly. I look up at him opening my mouth to make some remark but when my eyes met his I put my lips back together.

"You should really by more careful you know..." He takes his eyes off me and starts kicking around my skate board.

"Will do..." I whispered, pulling away from him as he let go.

Oh my god, what am I doing?

Ahah anyway- I looked behind me and thank god the camera crew was focusing on something else.

"See you out there!" Lando had called out turning around leaving me there with my skateboard.

I thought about him for a second- yeah no, I'll deal with that later.

Once I was back at the red bull garage I had about half an hour before the lights went out for the race. I did some stretches as well as practicing my reaction times to pass time. Before i knew it i was zipping my suit up to hop in the car.

P12.

I reminded myself.

As I drove to my starting position I fucking prayed for myself. taking my mark I waited in anticipation for the lights to go out, i could feel the adrenaline and the risk coursing through me, the thrill.

As the lights went out I launched myself forward with the throttle and was able to overtake leclerc and albon on the first wave of corners.

"Nice work." Adrian encourage, I was now sitting in p10 with my sights set on another Aussie.

"Gap to piastri?" I asked starting the third sector.

"1.894, both mclarens have been having problems with their power units though."

My pace was much better than his and I passed him with ease but I could see Charles was still pretty close behind.

On the third lap Hulkenberg dropped back to no one's surprise placing me P8. Ahead of me was Lando who seemed to be having the same issues as Oscar with the power unit and by Lap 8 i was able to overtake him now P7.

Lap 30 and nothing had changed from my point of view. Charles and I had a 8 second gap and in front of me I had a 4 second gap to Ocon as I entered the DRS zone. I passed him with ease but so did Charles.

Entering lap 42 the red flag was out and so was george. He had crashed into the barriers leading him to DNF.

I was in P5 and everyone was back to racing. Carlos was in front of with a less than a 3 second gap but Charles also had he sights set on an overtake. I had managed to defend him off my position this whole race but as we went on the first corner of lap 64 he slipped through.