• Chapter 19 • Recovery

A new update
___________________________________________

Alana's POV (Edited)

Four days. It's been four days since I've been admitted into the hospital. The doctor wanted to examine and monitored me for a few more days. I was more than ready to go home. But doctors wanted to do some additional tests.

Christian stood beside me like a rock. His constant presence was very much appreciated by my side. Not gonna lie, I really needed him by my side. I was very grateful to him. I didn't want to be left alone. I didn't even have to ask Christian. He was there with me like a shadow.

He treated me with utmost care. He was very gentle with me. He helped me in almost everything. He did every possible way to help me. He stayed with me at night when I was having trouble falling asleep. He stayed with me when I was battling with nightmares.

He was there. Soothing me. Cocooning me. He wiped my tears and calm my fears. My heart was swelling for his considerate acts. He was proving that he's not only a great businessman but a humble and down to earth person too.

These past four days had been a blur. But I was happy to spend time with Christian. He doesn't behave like a typical boss. He tried to divert my mind by bringing out trivial topics. We talked from anything to everything. He even tried to joke. He doesn't look like the person to joke but he tried for me. So, it was appreciated.

Right now, I'm in the bathroom. I've been getting discharged today. Finally! It was pure torture living in the close walls of this hospital room. I wanted to go out. I wanted to breath in the fresh air of the atmosphere. I was so happy that I let out a squeal embarrassing myself infront of a team of doctors and Christian.

He only chuckled in response and I thought my heart died a little there. His dimples became prominent when he laugh or chuckles. His eyes brighten and his face light up like a child's given his favorite toy. I wanted that sight to always stay in my mind. I wanted to store it into the deepest corners of my mind. Locked away.

I took a deep breath while standing up. It took me few minutes to stand properly due to the injury in my foot. It was recovering but not in the least of getting healed. So, I do get some complications. But I'm trying. I grabbed the sink for support before opening the tap water. I sprinkled water on my face and washed my hands.

I had taken a shower the previous day. I closed the tap water before changing into my new and fresh pair of clothes. Christian did the formality of going to the resort to pick up the pair of clothes for me. I tried to stop him because no matter what, he's my boss. He shouldn't be doing such things. But he didn't hear me.

He just told me to rest and get fresh. He'll handle everything. His words. Not mine. I changed into a knee length red dress which was full sleeved. It had white leaves patterns scattered all over it. I brushed my hairs and tied them into a braid. I changed my head and hands bandages.

I completed my work before stepping out of the bathroom. I should pack everything before leaving. Christian might be here any second. But as I reached the room, the sight infront of me amazed me.

~~~~

Christian was packing my stuff. He was dressed in a light blue button down shirt with white pants. His shirt tucked away into the pants. His hairs messily falling over his forehead. He was crouched as he was packing. He was so focused on the packing that he didn't even aknowldedge me entering into the room.

My heart swelled again at his sight. He looked so attractive while doing such a trivial task. He was weary of not touching my personal items and tried his best not to indulged in. My respect for him increased ten folds. The feelings that were once minimal had now been maximized.