Chapter three.

*Michael's POV*

"Within a minute I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go
I don't wanna go
The silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.
To the beat of our hearts at the same time.
So close but so far away.
(Can you hear me?)

[Chorus:]
She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

Another day and I'm somewhere new.
I made a promise that I'll come home soon.
Bring me back, bring me back to you.

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.
Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.
So close but so far away.

[Chorus:]
She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

There are pieces of us both
Under every city light
And they're shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

[Chorus:]
She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.
She lies awake.
I'm trying to find the words to say.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

She lies awake.
Beside you.
I wish I was, I wish I was...

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was..."

i looked up to see her biting her lip and smiling. "How was it?" i asked, genuinely curious. i have never played in front of anyone before. and it was quite nerve-wracking.

"it was... amazing. and you wrote that, all by yourself?" i nodded shyly. "wow, do you perchance...have a piano? i mean you showed me something that you wrote, i feel like i should show you something i wrote... if you don't want to hear it thats okay too...." she said looking down at Piper.

"i certainly have a piano, and i certainly want to hear something that you wrote." i said getting up excitedly. she slowly cupped Oreo into her hands and got up. she made a small indent in the blankets and placed her in there, miraculously without waking her up at all. we started to walk down to the basement where all of my family's instruments were situated. she sat down and started to play.

"It's not surprising it could end like this
Your eyes are open even when you kiss
You're so distant
So cold, so resistant

You see the world in only grey and black
Now how could anybody live like that
Without screaming
Without dying for dreaming

And you stare out the window at the passing cars
And you look at the sky, thank your unlucky stars
No you're never quite happy right where you are

So you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
No, there are none
Yeah, you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
You don't even see the sun
Can't you see the sun?

You can't be shocked that I might want to leave
The way you're living's like you're half asleep
You just drain me
If I go who could blame me?

And you stare out the window at the passing cars
And you look at the sky, thank your unlucky stars
No you're never quite happy right where you are
Right where you are, with all that you are

So you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
No, there are none
Yeah, you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
You don't even see the sun
Can't you see the sun?

You're so young, so beautiful
So flawless in my eyes
Don't you know the world shines
Every time you smile
Why can't you just smile?

So you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
No, there are none
Yeah, you keep on
Inventing shadows
Where there are none
You don't even see the sun
Can't you see the sun?

You dim the lights in the world I see
How I wish that I could still believe
Time to save me
If I go who could blame me?"

she sang and she played guitar and piano, how much could i ask for in a girl? "Um, was it bad?" she said quietly.

"Absolutely not!!" i said smiling. "It was fantastic. I have never heard a song with such deep meaning and sung by such a beautiful voice." I praised, sitting down in a chair close to the piano. "Do you play any other instruments that i should know about?"

"Uh, well there's the piano, guitar, bass, drums, harp, keyboard, and like every young child, the triangle." she said giggling. It was almost like she was embarrassed to be able to play so many difficult instruments, i mean the triangle can be pretty tricky.

*Lauren's POV*

i listed off the names of instruments that i knew how to play, i had been playing since i was a little kid, and my dad got me into all kinds of cool things, guitar, bass, and drums are some of them. i learnt how to play the guitar first, and then the bass because by that time when i learnt to play the bass i had all of the chords mastered somewhat and i knew how to play. i then went on to learn piano from my mom. she was the towns piano teacher, back when it was still just a town, now it is a major city. the population has tripled in the last thirty years and now it is massive. "Wow, you are very talented aren't you,. and you can get amazing grades and get good sleep, and do all of the other cool things you do! i wish i was that good." Michael said as if he couldn't do anything cool.

"I'm cool?" i asked him incredibly confused. He nodded his head in an obvious manner. "Well what about you? You are mister popular. You have so many friends! The whole school loves you! how could you not say that you are cool? You are so much cooler than i am. You are like the definition of cool." I said gaping at him. how could he not think that he was cool? he is the coolest person in school, i am just the school loser.

"I am not that cool. The only reason i am 'so cool', is because of my best friends, Luke, Calum and Ashton. Calum is the most popular in school, Luke is the 'hottest' in school, and Ashton is the 'coolest kid to ever go to our school.' I am just that lame punk guy that over dyes his hair, with his eyebrow and ears pierced. That is not cool at all. In fact, it is so lame. I am so lame." he said, its almost like he made a self-realization that he was lame. i slowly got up from the piano bench and walked over to him. he had his hands running through his hair maniacally. i sat down on his lap and just rubbed his back. he started to calm down after about five minutes, or so i thought. all of a sudden his arms wrapped around my waist and his neck was buried in the crook of my neck. i was quite content with rubbing circles on his back as my arms were draped over his shoulders. about three or four minutes after he hid himself in my neck, i started to feel his body shake with sobs, my neck started to get wet and he held my waist tighter.

"Oh Mikey, its okay." i said holding his body closer to me, not that it could really go any closer, but he started to have more even breath sounds; however, my neck was still becoming even more soaked. we sat there in that same position for a good solid fifteen minutes.