Prologue

Pain. 

 I clutched the necklace in my hand. I felt a slight discomfort when the edges of the pendant pierced my palm. 

Discomfort. But not pain. 

 I stared at the intricate and wonderfully crafted pendant of my necklace. Its name 'bond of pain' represents pain. 

 Not my pain. His pain. 

 I sigh as I locked my necklace in its proper place. The pendant rest just an inch below the center of my collar bone. Resting right next to my heart. 

 Reminding me that every pain I'm feeling right now , is not enough for all the pain I've caused him.

 I traced the pendant with my fingers. Feeling every edge. 

 I let my mind conjure his face from my memory, I've memorized every line and every angle of his face so it's an easy task. 

 I clutched my chest when an aching and throbbing pain emerged from it. 

 Pain. Yes. Remembering him brings me a bundle of joy and leaves me with an aching feeling in my chest. 

 I've been living a life full of pain and lies. Yes. Lies, lots of lies, enough to fill the gaping whole of a rumbling volcano.

I am a liar. I lie to myself. I lie to everyone around me. I mastered the art of lying that I can even convince myself that I am telling the truth.  

Every single day. 

 I let them see the happy and beautiful exterior and conceal the painfully ugly truth inside.

 I thought no one's watching close enough to realize my deceit but I was wrong.

 'Will you accept my love in exchange of your pain? Hold my heart close to your heart.' he told me while smiling. Full of hope. 

 Will this new ray of light, help me loosen my hold to this pain or will he just cause another reason for me to tighten my grip?

 Will his heart be enough to help me find closure and forgiveness? 

 Will his love be enough for me to end my pain

 Will his arrival means the start of something wonderful in my life?