Kabanata 21

"Seriously, Zild! What on earth is going on with you? Your actions are beyond bizarre, and I'm seriously worried about you!"

Hindi ko siya pinansin at nagpatuloy lang sa ginagawa.

"Have you gone mad for real?" Ford exclaimed again. "You've practically erased our tiles! You've been mopping them for three days straight, and now we're too embarrassed to even step foot on them!"

I glanced at them, all lined up on the stairs, seated, watching me, with Billy beside Cane. They all had puzzled expressions. Damn it. Kahit ako rin naman. I had to fucking force myself to move because my mind was in hella turmoil because of—

Mariin kong pinilig ang ulo ko. I started again in the kitchen.

"Do you have any clue what the hell happened to him? Seriously, someone needs to shed light on what's going on with that lunatic. I'm genuinely on edge about his well-being."

"I don't have any idea. I woke up and he was already glaring at me."

"Last night, I made sure to put my clothes in the laundry properly. They were just slightly hung on the edge of the washing machine, and yet he scolded me."

"Billy, spill the beans! What the fuck is up with your beast of a dad?"

Seconds later, their murmurs morphed into a distant hum. Umismid ako. She rejected me? Damn. She's really something. My frustration spiraled into a three-day migraine, pounding relentlessly in my skull. Hindi ko maintindihan. She wants me, yet she turned me down? Umismid ulit ako.

Is she playing games with me? Now that I want her, she's going to resist me? Hindi ako makakapayag.

"Ford, in the gym. Now."

Caspian yawned. "Tulog muna ako ulit."

"May meeting yata kami ngayon sa klase," Humphrey smoothly went away.

"I won't miss this for the world!" Jet exclaimed, remaining firmly planted on the stair step as if glued to it. Billy's bark echoed through the house.

Bradford stormed past, about to follow Cane and Humphrey, but I caught his shirt and I dragged him towards the gym. He let out a guttural groan. "Damn it! I've had enough! Ang sakit sakit na ng katawan ko, gago! If you have a problem, just say it instead of dragging me into this boxing session! With all the money you have, why not invite a pro boxer instead so you can have a real match!"

I came to a halt. "Ford?"

"What?"

"Shut up and get your gloves on."