-2-

I woke up to the feeling of warmth on my back, but didn't know what it was. Niall could be heard from across the room snoring in his own bed, and I was sure I left Loki back home. I opened my eyes to bright lights and Harry standing in front of me with his mouth open like he was shocked. His eyes were wide and they obviously weren't looking at me so I followed their gaze to see a little boy that looked exactly like me. I jumped and fell out of the bed, screaming. Niall jumped up and held his hands up like he was about to karate chop someone. He looked over to me as I quickly covered my own mout. The little boy woke up fast and sat up looking at me when I stopped screaming. Niall relaxed his hands and shook his head. Harry still stood there with a shocked look on his face. "Daddy, it's just me. Why are you screaming?"

Oh, yeah.
I forgot.
Codiee.
Apparently my son.

"Daddy?" Harry repeats finally saying words since he's been here. "Since when are you a father?"

"Since never."
"For five years."

Codiee and I looked at each other after we spoke in unison. "I'm not your father. How many times do I have to tell you this?" Codiee looked away like he was hurt and instead, got up and walked to the bathroom. I leaned against Niall's bed and huffed in agitation.

Harry sat down on my bed and chuckled. "Who's the lucky lady?" I immediately glared at him. He was lucky I didn't get up and punch him right in his mouth for saying that. "Lad, I'm just jokin' around," he said as he held up his hands.

"There isn't a lucky girl, Harry. That's not my kid!" I shook my head and got up. Harry was opening his mouth when I pointed at him. "Don't you dare say it." He quickly raised up his hands again and laughed. "I'm going to call Simon."

I felt Harry and Niall glance at me. Their vision was drilling into my head. "Whoa!" Niall and Harry said in unison.

"Why," Harry questioned.

I faced both of them, "Because that's not my kid," I exclaimed as I leant against the desk across from my bed. "I'm not going to risk the tour on some kid who claims me as his own. Hopefully calling Simon will fix things in less than a week." I rubbed the bridge of my nose and then my eyes. "He has contacts, he can pick up the kid and send him back to wherever he came from." My phone was on the desk beside the note left on Codiee. Who had I gotten pregnant? More importantly, who did I piss off so much by this pregnancy? "Look, Simon is my only hope."

Harry was biting his fingernail when I glanced up. "What if that kid is actually yours?" I couldn't even begin to think about that. "I know it's not what you want to hear, but he looks a lot like you." What if Harry was right? What if Codiee was mine? Could I make it up to whoever his mother was? "Maybe you should give him a chance." You're the one to talk, I thought. "Besides, if Simon found out you got a girl pregnant, he'd never let us go out and have fun again." To be quite honest, I could care less if we could go out and have fun. I just want this kid gone.

"Da-" my head shot over to Codiee's direction and glared at him. "Sorry. Liam, why do you want to send me away?" He gave me soft eyes, ones I used to make when I was younger. It gave me a lot of things, but seeing someone else use it on me made me feel guilty. "I'm just doing what mommy told me to do." So his mother told him to come here and annoy me. Well I hope this was just something a fan wanted to get fame for. In which it wouldn't be good press.

"Codiee, look, I don't believe in my heart that you're my son. I'm sorry but I just don't remember losing my virginity to your mother." Codiee looked very confused at me, but I decided to drop it. "Why didn't you go to your grandparents? Surely you know them by now."

That's when Codiee's expression changed entirely. He looked deeply depressed at the question. "They didn't want me. They said I was a mistake. What does that mean?" My eyes drifted over to Niall and Harry who sat next to each other now. Their eyes were watching what Codiee and I were doing. Harry looked deeply sorry for the little guy, Niall on the other hand shrugged.

I looked down at my hands and huffed to myself. "I don't know," I lied. "Why don't you go hang out with Niall and Harry. I have something I'm going to do." I grabbed my phone while Codiee was heading to Harry and Niall, and headed out the door. I walked down the hallway a little ways, passing an elderly couple who glared at me rudely. I ignored them though as I grabbed my phone and dialled Simons number. It rang twice before he answered.

"Liam? What's up?"

"Nothing," I answered back rather quickly. "I just, um, needed to talk to you." Silence fell between us, and I could almost feel Simon's curiosity. "Well, last night this little boy came to Niall and I's door. He claimed me as his father. He does look a lot like me, but I just don't see how he's mine."

Silence fell on the line and I could feel Simon's disappointment from across the ocean. "Liam, are you telling me that you got someone pregnant?" I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall. "Liam, you're the most responsible lad in the band. How could you."

"That's the thing, Simon. I don't remember getting anyone pregnant. I don't even remember having sex!" Simon huffed on the line. "Can you please find blood relatives for him? Because I can't do this." I prayed silently that he would be able to.

"What's his name?"

I vaguely remembered the note and how it had his name at the bottom. "Codiee Scott Payne. Codiee is spelt C O D I with two E's at the end." Simon stayed quiet for a few seconds, but I could hear him typing something in.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. For now, he has to stay with you." I groaned, expecting it. "I'll get back to you shortly, I hope." With that, I hung up and started walking back to my room. Simon had done all he could do for now, in which I was eternally thankful.