Ella's Capture (1,360 Words)

Ella is a young adult living in Stratford, London in a newly built apartment. She is short but very confident, light dirty blonde hair that was long and lightly curled at the ends, she always made sure her curls were in every morning that she would sleep in her hair rollers.

Photography, makeup and videography have been her passion for most of her life. She studied photography and art at school and college, left university with a degree in Fine Arts and English but she always made time to attend small classes on photography, videography or editing.

A few months ago, Ella had seen a vacancy that one of the friends of the Sidemen tweeted about which was for working alongside them and being apart of the filming team - this friend of theirs was ChrisMD. She went for it, sent in a rather large portfolio of photographs and short video edits that she had made for one of her friends' channel's. Ella had also sent a video she shot of her friends when they took part in a cheer performance.

Ella had awoken to her alarm clock, she got out of her bed and made it, placed her plushies neatly on her bed, removed her retainers and went to her bathroom to shower. She did her skincare and walked back into her bedroom to get ready for work. She worked as a Spa Receptionist in Third Space, she loved it but wanted more in her life. Once dressed, makeup done and checked her appearance, she took out her curlers in the mirror, then went to kitchen and made herself some breakfast.

She opened her MacBook once at the table and had seen in her emails an email from ChrisMD's team, talking about her application and they had offered her an interview for the 16th of February - which was this Friday. Ella carried on her with her day, went home and got into her comfy sweats and removed her makeup, placed her curlers in and sat down with a bowl of oats and honey and turned on Netflix. A few hours later she slumped to her bathroom, brushed her teeth, put in her retainers, did her night skincare and go into her bed.

Interview day had arrived. She was slightly nervous but confident, luckily today was her day off from work so she was able to attend. Ella got ready and dressed into her Le Thorens sweatshirt and black jeans, placed on her over the knee boots and headed out to Dalston to meet with Chris and his team.

She had arrived and was greeted by someone from his team who took her up to the office where she met Chris, his production manager and lead editor. She shook their hands, placed her MacBook and portfolio from her tote bag on the table and sat down opposite Chris and his team.

"Thank you so much for seeing me, I'm very excited to talk through my work." Ella said, not removing eye contact with Chris. Ella was a huge fan of Chris' and had watched his videos and had found out through said videos and other cameos who did, the pair had a lot in common.

"Not a problem, glad you could make it." said Chris' lead editor. "We really loved your work, especially the editing in the cheer performance. Is it just cheer routines or is there other work you do?" He added.

"Normally cheer routines, as I work freelance with some cheerleading teams, but I had filmed some of my friends dancing and some dance studio work." Ella said, looking through her laptop for examples. "For example, last weekend we had a dance competition in a dance studio, I got many angles and great lighting from this dark studio."

"Wow, this is excellent stuff... I mean, would you like to be a permanent member of our team?" said Chris, looking through her portfolio and looking at his team, who also agreed and nodded towards Ella.

"I really would! Thank you so much!" said Ella.

His team echoed his enthusiasm, and welcomed her into their creative fold, a new chapter unfolded. Feeling a gentle warmth in her heart, Ella met Chris's gaze, and in that shared moment, something unspoken lingered - a spark of interest.

"Let me help you pack up your things Ella." said Chris, who accidently placed his hand on top of Ella's. "My bad!" he laughed.

"It's fine, it was a little fluke. Thank you though." Ella said, blushing a little and she carried on packing up her things.

"I will get back to you today, as we're shooting tomorrow in Layton." Said his lead editor.

"Yeah that seems totally fine!" said Ella who was now placing on her coat, which she noticed was the same as Chris'. "That's so funny, we have the same coat."

Chris looking up and down at Ella and noticing it was the same coat, he chuckled and shook her hand, as did his production manager and lead editor. "Looking forward to seeing you on shoot tomorrow Ella!" he said, giggling at the thought they have the same coat.

The next day had arrived and the shoot was under way. Today's shoot was a small video with W2S and ArthurTV; 'We Scored __ Goals Within Different Sized Goals!". Ella was busy taking photos of Big John in the goal, once done she went over to grab a swig of her water.

"I hope you enjoyed the little video I took of you Chris when you took that stunning goal into the top right." said Ella, drinking her water and adjusting her camera strap.

"It was really good, you're very subtle too with your shooting. Not messy at all and not in the way like most of the others I've had". Hearing Chris say this made Ella's heart feel so much warmth.

"Wow, thank you lots! I've never had a compliment like that before." She said, dropping her water on the floor and went to fix her hair which was slightly stuck in the strap of her camera.

"Let me help you!" Chris said and he lifted the strap to help remove her hair from it. "Your hair is stunning by the way, it's so long though." Chris laughed whilst checking in on Harry who was taking his next shot to the goal.

"It really is, but thanks!" Ella laughed and got to work taking shots of Harry.

The day had ended and the team had finished up and were packing up. Chris walked over with his production manager and had asked Ella if she would like to join him, Harry, Arthur and his team for a few drinks in the pub - was not an offer to be rejected.

They had finished up and headed back to his office. One of Chris' editors suggested to leave her camera equipment there so she wouldn't need to drag it with her to the pub. They headed out and went to the local pub for a few beers.

It was getting quite late and sadly Ella had missed her last train home, the only option was to order an Uber home. Chris had offered to pay for her Uber home and she politely rejected but he persisted and so she willingly took him up on his offer with sincere gratitude.

"You didn't need to do that, but thank you Chris." Ella said. "I'll pick up my equipment tomorrow if it's alright?" She added.

"Yeah that's fine Ella, more than happy to help my staff on getting home safely. Thank you so much for all the great work today, I'll be in the office tomorrow going through the shots, so I'll be there to let you in. I think the boys are filming for Pitch Side, so if I'm not there then someone will let you in." said Chris, who was now ordering an Uber for Ella.

"That sounds great, thank you so much!" Ella and Chris shared a dreamy gaze and hugged each other goodbye once her Uber had arrived, the hug felt so warm and comforting she didn't wish to let go - she didn't think Chris wanted to either. Ella then went to hug each of his team and got into the car which took her safely back to her apartment.