━ 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐍,

warning; strong language

normal words ; english

italic words ; valyrian

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ONE,

『 SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SON, 』

The Old King, Jaehaerys I Targaryen, died in his bed at 103 AC

The Old King, Jaehaerys I Targaryen, died in his bed at 103 AC. In 104 AC, a tourney was held for the accession of his named heir, King Viserys I. Nine years prior, the lady wife of the Viserys Targaryen welcomed a healthy babe, the only reason for whispers across the realm was that the babe was born a daughter, and not a son.

They named her Aelora, a sweet babe and a beautiful child. As the years went on she was more and more desired by many houses all over the realm, Princess Aelora nourished in the love - she loved being the center of attention. 

Seven years before King Viserys I's coronation, another babe was born, another daughter. She was named Rhaenyra and it took no time for her to be named as the Realms' Delight, for her innocent and sweet character. 

Princess Aelora was the opposite of her younger sister, she was brazen, relentless, and cocky. Whatever she wanted, she got it. It was that simple. 

At seven years old, Princess Aelora became the youngest dragon rider in Targaryen history, she claimed the dragon; Calix. The two have grown a scared bond ever since the dragon hatched in her cradle when she was only a babe. Since then, they have been inseparable - it would take long hours to separate them if the Princess was needed elsewhere, and sometimes the King would just give up on inviting her to family dinners as Princess Aelora rarely attended.

She didn't intend for it to come off cold and distant, she just would rather do something she would enjoy. And if she was on Dragonback, she wouldn't have to listen to her Father trying to convince her to marry off to one of the great houses. She was one and seven years old, while her younger sister, Rhaenyra was one and 5 years old.