Chapter 26

July 22, 2020

Drew

*iMessage*

Starkey 3:29pm
Where are you?

Starkey 4:54pm
??!!??!?!

🍍

Search for gold 🏝️🔍

John B
Has anyone seen Maddie?

Mo
I can't get a hold of Bails either.

Rafe
Sophie isn't answering any of my texts either.

JJ
All 3 of them aren't answering?

Topper
Has anyone checked their apartment?

Pope
I'm on my way out. I'll check their apartment.

John B
Jonas just told me they all have today off.

Topper
Last time they went out, they came back with VS 😒

Rafe
They didn't mention a girls day.

Mo
Bails didn't mention having a day off this week.

JJ
Anyone else thinking something might be wrong?

Pope
They're not in their apartment and their beds are made.

Mo
Where would they go?

John B
I have no idea but Maddie wouldn't ignore me for this long.

Topper
I tried calling Sophie but got her voicemail.

Rafe
My texts are delivering but no answer.

Mo
I'm coming over. I'll be there in 20.

Pope
I'm heading to set. Just come there, that's where we are.

Mo
Alright.

🍍

"Hey! Have y'all heard anything yet?" Mariah asked as she walked up from the gate. I went to go meet her and bring her up to set. "No. All their phones are still going to voicemail." I shake my head, as we get closer to the chateau. We all decided to hang around set just in case one of the girls called. "It just doesn't make sense. Bails isn't the type to just up and leave without a word." She sighs, rubbing the side of her face. We're all pretty worried about the girls. Chase and Austin are an hour away from filing missing person reports and I bet Mariah is right there with them.

"I'm calling Mads again. If she doesn't answer, I'm calling the police." Chase informed us as the call tone rang out, as we joined the group. The FaceTime made the connecting sound, making all of us crowd around the screen. Only.. it wasn't Maddie's face. It was so much worse.

"What's up, Stokes?" Danielle smiled. I rolled my eyes, knowing anytime she's involved, it isn't good. I look over to Austin, noticing him smiling, clearly forgetting his sister is missing. I nudge him in the ribs, giving him a look when he looks at me. "Don't play with me, Dani. Where's Maddie?" Chase asks. "And Bails!" Mariah adds over his shoulder. "And Soph!" Austin and I both add, looking at each other before looking at the phone again. She raises an eyebrow and her smile grows wider. Fuck.