Chapter 41

September 22, 2020

Drew

"Drew, have you seen my script?" Sophie comes down the stairs, looking around the room. She's been searching for her script for the last 20 minutes. It was on the coffee table this morning, but now we can't find it.

"No. Are you sure you didn't move it before we left?" She shakes her head, coming over to sit down on the couch between me and Rudy. "You've checked everywhere?" Bails asks, lifting a couch cushion. "Yes. I have no idea where it could be." She pushes her hair out of her face, as she leans back into the couch.

"Well, just share with me and Drew." Rudy offers. She nods, leaning towards me since the episode comes in with the pogues and I won't have any lines right now. "Are you sure you left it on the table?" I mumble, as Chase starts reading. She looks up at me and nods. "I swear I left it there. I remember I wanted to bring it to set but you distracted me." She smiles up at me, before winking and laying her head back down.

🍍

After we finished the script reading and everyone left, Sophie and I made our way upstairs to binge Teen Wolf. Her obsession with this show has become the topic of every conversation she can put it in. At first I thought I would slowly fade. It hasn't and I've just accepted it as a part of our relationship now.

"I swear the script just up and disappeared. I know where I left it." She huffs, flopping down in the middle of the bed, grabbing her lotion and piling some in her hand. "I'm sure we'll find it. It's gotta be around here somewhere?" She rolled her eyes, rubbing the lotion into her legs. I draw the curtains close and climb into bed with her when her head snaps up and she hisses out a curse.

"Shit!" Her whole body freezes, as she stares ahead of her. "What?" I can see the wheels turning in her head, as her eyes narrow and soften with frustration lining her face. After a minute, she looks at me and it seems to take her a minute to find the words.

"Housekeeping came in today. We didn't put our scripts up like we're supposed to. What if they took them?" Her eyes search my face but I don't know what to say. It's a good possibility, but we can't just run around accusing people. "Jonas is going to kill me. He told us multiple times to put them up for that exact reason." She rakes her fingers through her hair, letting out a frustrated growl.

"And of course it had to have been my script. It couldn't have been yours." I scoff, looking over at her. "Why would that be any better? We'd still be in this situation." Her eyes meet mine and she offers me a small smile. "No, baby. You'd be the one in this situation. I'd still have my script." I tackle her onto the bed, her giggling filling the room as I pin her to the bed.

She wiggles underneath me, slowing her fight when she realizes I'm not letting her go. "I guess that's why I was the one that put mine up and you didn't." I kiss her lips, pulling away when she moans into my mouth. "Whatever. Next time I see your script laying out on cleaning day, I'm not saying a word." I smile down at her, before pecking her lips and realizing her wrist.

We sit back up, taking our spots back in the bed. I haven't forgotten we needed to talk, but todays been a good day for her. She didn't get upset at work and she ate breakfast and dinner. She skipped lunch but I'm willing to overlook it because she at least ate.

"Soph, we need to talk." I hate this. I hate it so much. It's been awhile since she's had a good day after the wreck. She fought us every step of the way to her recovery and she avoided talking about it. She distracted herself when we came here by initiating sex every time she got lost in her head. I saw it and wanted to talk to her about it, but every time I pushed, she'd distract me.