CHAPTER 2 TUTOR

JAMES'S POV

Lumipas na ang isang linggo after nung meet and greet sa Maplehigh University. Medyo na occupy na rin yung utak ko sa mga gawain sa bahay at sa cafe, malapit narin ang pasukan next week start na ng first day ko sa Maplehigh University, but before the first day of class arrived, there was still one more week to go, and kailangan ko magtrabaho pa para naman meron akong mga pambili ng gamit.

Friday afternoon, andito ako sa cafe, medyo marami rami na rin ang mga customer basta ganitong hapon na, I am very eager to earn some extra money before the academic demands took over.

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the chatter of customers and the clinking of cups.

As I took orders and served customers, a sense of contentment washed over me. There was something comforting about the familiar routine, the hustle and bustle of the café providing a sense of stability amidst the unknown.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, an old man entered the café. His silver hair glistened under the warm afternoon sunlight, and his eyes held a hint of wisdom and weariness. I approached his table, ready to take his order.

"Good afternoon, sir. What can I get for you today?" magalang na tanong ko.

The old man sighed, his gaze distant. "Ah,naku iho, nakaka stress ang pagiisip ko sa nagiisa kong apo" he began, his voice tinged with frustration. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sya sasagutin. "He's so stubborn, so introverted. I fear he's isolating himself from the world."

I listened attentively as the old man poured out his heart, sharing his concerns as if we were old friends. Nagkwento lang sya nang nagkwento tungkol sa apo niya, his desire for him to find his place in the world.

As the conversation continued, I found myself offering words of encouragement and advice, drawing from my own experiences. The old man seemed grateful for the opportunity to share his worries, and I was glad to lend a listening ear.

Before leaving the café, nagbigay sya nang malaking halaga para daw sa pakikinig ko sa kanya kahit wala syang inorder. "Thank you, iho, sa pakikinig sa kadaldalan ko." sabi niya pa.

Ngumiti nalang ako sa kanya. Naging busy na yung cafe pagdating ng mga past 5:00 pm. Dagsa na yung mga tao.

After my shift at the café, dumiretso agad ako pauwi sa bahay. Mabuti nalang hindi gaanong ka traffic kaya mabilis lang akong nakauwi. The familiar scent of home greeted me as I stepped through the front door, and the sound of laughter echoed from the living room. Pagkapasok ko dumiretso agad ako sa kitchen.

"Ma, nandito na si Kuya" sabi ng kapatid ko. Nagmano kaagad sya sa akin.