"New friends" and Frustrations

July 17, 2016(random!!)

Psst, wake up Law! It's your first day at your new school." The voice of Cora-san, a tall man with blond hair and strange clown makeup, whispers in a hushed tone, shaking the boy's shoulder.

Law groans and rubs his tired eyes, sitting up in bed. His messy black hair with yellow highlights covers a bit of his eyes, and he sighs heavily.

"I'm up," he mutters, his voice gruff. "And you don't have to remind me. You do this every year, Dad."

Cora-san's eyes light up, and he quickly squeezes Law's face with his hands, but the boy quickly slaps his hands away.

"Hey! You know I'm not a morning person," he complains.

"Sorry, sorry," Cora-san laughs, raising his hands in surrender. "But I'm just so excited for you! Today's the start of a new year, and you'll be meeting so many new people. Just think of all the adventures you'll have."

Law shrugs and looks down at his bed, running his hands through his messy hair. "I'll see what happens," he says lazily.

Law sighs as Cora-san leaves the room, relieved to finally have some alone time. He takes a moment to pick out the clothes he'll wear today - a striped long-sleeve shirt with emo jewelry and piercings on his eyebrows, nose, and lips. His black hair is styled to complete his "emo" look. Finally, he wraps himself in a blue fluffy scarf, and with that, he's ready for the day.

Law and his father Cora-San stand in the hallway of their home, and Law's dad holds a camera in his hand. "Wait! Law! Don't go yet! I still have to take your pictures!" Cora-San rushes outside, and Law rolls his eyes. "Get it over with, Dad," he says, annoyed.

While Cora-San takes pictures of Law, he comments on Law's style. "Why not just remove all of those accessories? Such a phase I remember mine haha!" he remarks.

"It's not just a phase. "You'll never understand," he says, blowing some hair out of his face as Corasan chuckles

Once Cora-San is finished taking pictures, he says, "Try smiling next year." Law scoffs and rolls his eyes again.

Law's father has pictures of him for every new school year, and all of them feature his iconic frown. He asks, "So how's that band going?"

Law responds, "I dunno we never have time to practice."

Cora-San suggests, "Why not do a school club about your band with your two friends? You can practice after school hours"

Law seems to consider the idea for a moment before responding, "I'll think about it...probably." He closes the front door behind him

As he steps outside, the morning sun shines down on him, casting a warm glow over the empty street.

He stops at a train station to arrive at school as he waits behind the yellow line with his headphones in his ears listening to music and scrolling through his phone

In the corner of his eye, he sees a boy but he doesn't pay attention to him or care
.
.
.

Walking to school in NewWorld High in GrandCity, he takes in the sights and sounds. The streets are quiet at this hour, with only a few cars passing by. The smell of freshly brewed coffee wafts out of the nearby cafes, tempting Law with its sweetness. But he ignores the pull, knowing that he has a long day ahead of him.

After what feels like an eternity, Law finally arrives at school. He removes his headphones from his ears when he spots two familiar figures

"Looks like someone showed up today," Shachi teased, nudging Law's shoulder as they entered the classroom.