Chapter 1

Adarshini stare up at the ceiling, the sting feeling behind her eyes makes it hard for her to hold back the tears. She tries to stable her breath, taking few deep breaths she try to calm down her heart which is clenching behind her chest. She again take a look at the clock, 2:00 A.M. She couldn't control her tears anymore, silent tears fall down her cheeks, wetting the pillow behind her head. A small sob left her mouth before it become louder. She buried her head in the pillow, trying not to make any noise.

Yesterday was her and Eshanth 3rd wedding anniversary, but he was nowhere to be seen. The roses she brought for him yesterday laid on the table, the freshness is nowhere to be found. The flowers are wilted just like her heart. She waited, she really waited for him to come home. Even a small text from him could have made her happy but nothing came. She even tried to call him, but it went on voicemail.

She got up from the bed. Taking the flowers off the table, she threw it in the trash can. The gift she brought for him are now placed with the other gifts she has gotten for him, but never had the courage to give him.

Everyone think they're happy couple, every woman is dying to be in Adarshini's place, but only she knows how hard it has been on her. The love she want is not there, what remain is her hope which is fading day by day.

She lay on the bed waiting for sleep to take over.

The right side of bed sink making Adarshini awake from her sleep. She turns her head to see her husband getting on the bed. Eshanth eyes meet hers. " Did I wake you up?" Eshanth ask tugging Adarshini in the blanket that have slipped off of her. Adarshini shook her head. " Sleep." Eshanth says and close his eyes.

Adarshini look at the clock, 4:13 A.M. Does he not remember our anniversary. Biting her lips she tried to stop her from crying. She again look at her husband who's back is facing her now. 3 years of marriage and he never held her to sleep. Only she knows how hard is for her not grab his hand and make him turn to her, so she can say how much she want him to hold her in his arms, she wants to get lost in his arms. Hope. Love. Clam. Repeating this 3 words she close her eyes.

Sun rays fall on Adarshini's face waking her from her sleep. She sat at the corner of the bed looking at the empty right side of the bed where her husband was sleeping early morning. He left as usual before before her.

After taking the bath, Adarshini walk to the dressing table. Her eyes fell on a blue colour velvet box sat on the top of the table with a note attached to it. " Sorry for not being able to give you this gift on our anniversary, I was busy. Happy anniversary Adarshini." She open the box looking at the diamond earrings placed in it, she changed her earrings to the diamond ones.

She look at her reflection on the mirror, her heart warm up a little, but fade as soon as it came.

Every anniversary he'll bring her gifts, but never spent his time with her. He always maintained a specific distance with her. She want him, she need him, but he is not there.

Adarshini let out a sigh before walking downstairs to eat something before going to her company.

She saw the breakfast Eshanth has cooked for her. He always do that, that's one of the reason Adarshini still have hope that one day he'll love her, he'll want her and he'll be there to spent his day with her.

Eshanth has been nice and gentle with her throughout their wedding. He never treated her badly nor he has spoken loudly with her. He always spoke in the gentle voice, always tried to make her feel comfortable. 1st year of marriage Adarshini thought Eshanth was being considered as their marriage was an arranged marriage, so he's giving her time to get comfortable. 2nd year of marriage she realised Eshanth have no intention to take a step forward in their married life.

She feel like a guest in her own house. She felt like Eshant is treating her like a guest, who's came to live in his house.

She can hardly say if they've ever sat together and talked about their daily life.

Letting out another sigh she sat down and started eating.

————————

This is my first time writing a story, it might not be perfect, but I hope this story receives love and support.

Vote, comment and share guys.

Stay healthy and happy.