Memories Make The Worst Dreams

(Miles P.O.V.)

   "Come any close and  I'll kiss you," Tris said.
   "Go ahead," I replied. As his lips impacted with mine the scene changed. Now I was just a bystander... I was standing behind myself. The other me was wearing a tan uniform
   "You're pathetic, ya know that?!" he screamed at Tristan.
   "Stop!" I yelled. No one noticed. The other me kept going.
   "Tristan, I-I-I treat you like crap and you keep crawling back for more, why? Are you really that desperate for someone to love you?"
   "SHUT UP!" I screamed. Everyone went still except for the other me. He turned...
   "Why?" he asked. "You're the one that said it... You didn't want to save him then, so what's so special about him now?"
   "Leave him alone."
   "He is nothing!" I punched him. He started laughing hysterically while wiping the blood from his lip as if it was the funniest thing in the world. The scene changed again. This time I was the only one of e there in the hall with Tristan I was in control of what was said and done this time. Tristan walked over to me.
   "Skipping the assembly?" he asked.
   "Not really my thing," I said.
   "I'm surprised you're alone."
   "What's that supposed to mean?"
   "Ya know, I kept thinking it was the intervention that pushed you away... But it was what happened after that..."
   "I drove Maya to an appointment, so what?"
   "So you still have feelings for her?"
   "Why, because I gave her a ride?"
   "Because you stare at her from across the hall..." I stood silent.
   "Tell me I'm wrong... Tell me you don't have feelings for Maya." Tristan looked close to tears.
   "No... I don't, I swear..."
   "Liar..." He turned and started walking away, then stopped to look at me. "You are a terrible person," he added. "You use and abuse people and one day you're gonna wake up and realize you have no one and I'm so happy I won't be there for that sad... SAD day." He started walking away again.
   "TRIS, WAIT!" I yelled, running after him, but the floor shattered like glass underneath me and I fell through into darkness.

   I woke up with a cold sweat and chills running down my spine...... Tris... I'm sorry. I pulled out the scotch bottle from under my bed and took a swig... When that didn't help me forget about the dream, I pulled out the razor blade from inside the drawer on my bedside table and did a different stress-relieving action... This one didn't make me forget the dream... but it did help channel the pain... for a little bit.