intro

.
.

Old habits die hard and Jaewon thinks he might never learn how to be kind to himself. He's still an anxious mess who struggles to be bad at things and can't accept an "I don't know" for an answer. Sometimes, he feels like he'll never break out of his downward spiral of self-doubt and suffocating perfectionism.

He loves the people around him and he cares — unconditionally and so, so much.

It takes Jungwoo returning the love to realize he deserves that for himself, too.

.
.

[NINE.i Eden x Vahn]
set in the Highschool Lovers universe
chronologically the sixth fic in the timeline, should not be read as a standalone
prequel —> dive into the sunlit storms (Vahn pov)
prequel —> we burn on the frozen ice (Eden pov), read at least this one first to have better context

i Eden x Vahn]set in the Highschool Lovers universechronologically the sixth fic in the timeline, should not be read as a standaloneprequel —> dive into the sunlit storms (Vahn pov)prequel —> we burn on the frozen ice (Eden pov), read at least thi...

.
.

I don't know how this happened, but I guess I am a fool for this pairing xD

This is a direct sequel to we burn on the frozen ice, set only a couple weeks afterwards! I expect I won't be writing a fourth fic set in this universe for them, so consider this as kind of a;;; finale? Not like it has any plot because the entirety of Highschool Lovers is just a bunch of character studies and nothing else, but you get me—

Once again, this is heavily self-indulgent and I'm processing my own journey to self-acceptance through Jaewon (what a surprise). To future me, who I know will return to read this note, and to all the other burnt out gifted kids reading this: You're enough. You can do this. Be brave and be bad at things, it's okay. Believe me, trust the process. Believe yourself. Please. You deserve that much. You deserve so much better than living with a brain that scrutinizes everything you do. You deserve so, so much better.

On that note — thank you for clicking on this fic and coming on this journey with me. Enjoy!
~ Mona