New Owners

"This place is a dump." Yu Ziyuan scoffs, "They spent so much gold and silver on us, yet the place were put in looks like homeless people trying to make use of an abandoned place!"

Fengmian nodded slowly before something caught his eye.

"I don't think we're the only kidnapped people here.."

Fengmian points ahead to a female who seems like she's from the lan clan due to her forehead ribbon, who is bound with chains.

"I wonder if anyone knew she was missing.."

Jiang Fengmian looks to the Lan woman with sorrow in his eyes. The last thing he would ever desire is someone to go missing.

(I beg to differ)

He looks back to his wife, who seemed to be a tad bit concerned for the woman.

He sighs and walks to the Lan woman. He looks to her face “Are you okay?” he then looks to the shackles that bind her

After no answer, Jiang Fengmian turns to look at his wife.

"Do you think she has been here long?"

"This place definitely holds some dark secrets. we should learn about this place first before we try to escape." Yu Ziyuan replied.

Fengmian nods as he examines the female's condition.

"I'm going to go look around for." Yu Ziyuan mouths the words 'Listening Tailsmen', and Fengmian nods, understanding her.

Yu Ziyuan searches the room for Listening Tailsmen and doesn't seem to find any.

"All clear." She spoke, walking back over to Fengmian.

"Alright, well.. The Lan seems to be suffering from head trauma, and there's burns and bruises all over her arms and legs." Fengmian spoke.

Jiang Fengmian looks at the Lan female again, a bit saddened "It’s so horrible you can tell how badly the poor woman has been treated." He mumbles to himself,

Fengmian looks back at Yu Ziyuan again.

"I’m going to try and remove her shackles and see if she will talk to me." He says before walking back to the Lan female, a bit hesitant about what to expect.

Jiang Fengmian moves in a slow and careful fashion as he examines the shackles holding the female in place and moves around the room before finally deciding to try and remove one of the shackles of the female Lan.

The Lan female began to awaken, and when she did, she looked at the both of them with a sympathetic look.

Jiang Fengmian smiled at her genuinely, practically switching his personality.

"I promise I will not hurt you." Fengmian says again as a way to assure her she can trust him.

Yu Ziyuan scoffs, "If only he treated me like that back in Lotus Pier.." She muttered.

It took a while, but the shackles that held the Lan in place we're finally off.

"Thank you, Sect Leader Jiang." The Female Lan gets on her hands and knees and bows over and over to Jiang Fengmian.

Yu Ziyuan crossed her arms and rolled her at this sight.

Before Fengmian could speak, she spoke.

"Get up, you imbecile, are you stupid? Has the Lans rules finally gotten to your head and driven you to insanity?!"

"My Lady.."

"Shut your trap, Fengmian. I told you not to call me that."

"Sorry, Madam Yu of the Jiang sect." The lan apologized.

"Are you here to save us?" The Lan asked.

"Us?" Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan both say in sync.

"Some of the others are used as decorations, while others are used for entertainment."

"Oh.. heavens.." Yu Ziyuan mumbled..

"My- I mean, Madam Yu, are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?! Do you know what this means?!" She screams

"Huh..?"

"Oh my gosh, are you stupid or just slow?!" Yu Ziyuan huffed.

"This means that we're not the only ones, and who knows what's going to happen!"

"Oh.." Fengmian mumbled

"We really need a plan to escape and find our way out.. and get the others out."

Fengmian nods

"Uhm.. Excuse me?" The Lan girl speaks up, Fengmian and Ziyuans heads snap over to her, waiting for her to speak.

"I can help spread the word and help you guys get information.. the cultivators used as decorations can most definitely help. They hear and see everything."

"Great, then let's get to wotk." Yu Ziyuan says.

And just like that, an alliance had been made..