- Beach day -

(Summary : Chris and Jill go on a little beach date!)

Status of their relationship in this one shot : dating!

Wind was blowing into the truck, causing Jill's short brown hair to flow along with it. Her feet were kicked up on the dashboard, wearing some cute sandals that showed off her white painted toe nails.

Music was playing at a low volume through the radio, it was the song 'You know how we do it' by Ice Cube, one of her and Chris's favorite artist.

Chris was driving, one hand on the steering wheel, the other resting on Jill's thigh. They both enjoyed physical affection, the difference between the two though, was that Chris liked PDA, while Jill did not.

"Did you pack the sunscreen?" Chris asked Jill. Her skin gets sunburnt way to easily. "Yes, you told me like five times to pack it, how could I forget babe?" Jill laughed while sipping her iced tea, the cold beverage making her throat feel clearer than ever.

"Good, good, I love to see that you listen." Chris teased, squeezing her thigh lightly as he turned left on the road, getting closer to their destination. Jill blushed slightly at the feeling of him touching her. Touching her in anyway makes her happy.

Jill placed her can in the cup holder and brought her legs back to the floor of the truck, adjusting her sitting position. "Speaking of what we packed, did you bring my extra clothes? The ones I left at your place?" She asked Chris. "I believe so."

"You believe so? You don't know so?" Jill said, a puzzled look on her cute face. Chris turned from the view of the road, since they were at a red light, and he looked into Jill's eyes before talking. "I know so baby." He snorted and looked back in front of him.

Rolling her eyes, Jill nudged Chris and turned her head towards her side, looking out the window. Cars were passing by at a instant pace, the sound of them zooming on by was loud, considering the windows were done all the way.

Downtown was beautiful around here. It felt very homey and warm, as if everyone in the community knew one another, which was practically the case.

Chris has always preferred the idea of a small town. Jill is quite the opposite, she likes bigger cities and the idea of big areas that have a lot to do. She likes distractions, mostly due to her job.

"Are you gonna swim?" Chris asked, smiling, glancing over at her. "Maybe. I usually just lay on a towel and read at the beach but maybe I'll get in the water, it'd feel great."

"Sounds good." Chris retorted, nodding his head as he continuing driving, only a bit above the speed limit, which is ironic since he works for the force.

The beach and it's parking lot was now in sight. Gravel roads led into it, then the beach was directly north of the lot.

Chris pulled into the parking lot, checking left and right, making sure the area is clear. "The truck is gonna be so hot if this sun keeps it up." Jill said with a groan. "Oh you'll be okay." Chris smirked and took the key out of the ignition, placing it in his shorts.

"Yeah, yeah." She giggled and opened the passenger side door, hopping out of Chris's truck. He also got out, making sure to double lock his truck. It was a nice truck, in a not so safe town, the last thing he wants is some psycho trying to take his vehicle.