COLOR KISS

friends to lovers, futuristic, sci-fi, slice of life, youthful love

Colorful lights and loud music filled Taehyung's senses as he stood behind the bar elevated on a platform that oversaw the dense crowd of dancers. After folding the sleeves of his black, sheer shirt, Taehyung selected several bottles from the bar's storage before commencing to creating a glowing, blue cocktail. Setting the cocktail on the bar, Taehyung nodded at the girl with pink hair as she took her drink. Shooting the golden-haired bartender a smile dripping with drunken honey, Taehyung's customer lifted her drink in a small cheers before sauntering off to re-join her group of friends.

The blue and white glitter that was painted on the right side of Taehyung's neck shimmered beneath the colorful lights that shot through the air of the club. Each bartender at Club Manik was dressed in all-black uniforms, but what really set them apart from the customers at Manik was the glitter painted on the right side of their necks and chests. Taehyung had been working at Club Manik for two years since he began studying at Daeshin University at the age of eighteen.

With two years under his belt, Taehyung had become a favorite for the regulars that frequented Manik. His impeccable skills as well as his beautiful yet handsome visuals aided him in catching the eye of many a VIP customer at Manik. Now a favorite, Taehyung had been requested to work more and more shifts. He did not mind the extra shifts. In fact, it helped him to pay his rent on time. However, he was saddened by the fact that he would no longer be able to join his friends on their galavants through the city after a long day of classes.

Taehyung had always enjoyed joining his friends in cruising through the city as it was his way of distressing and, well...he got to see him. The 'him' whom Taehyung was so eager to see each night was none other than the son of the chairman of Jeon Conglomerate, Jeon Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook was a business major, and since Taehyung was studying fine arts with an emphasis in sculpture, he rarely got to see Jungkook — when they were not having fun with their other five friends — as their classes were on opposing sides of campus.

Taehyung had met Jungkook through his friend, Park Jimin, who was part of the original friend group. Jungkook had also been brought into the friend group through his friend and fellow business major, Min Yoongi. If not for his good friend, Jimin, Taehyung would never had met the man who was currently on his mind while he made a Blue Fashioned cocktail.

Uhhhh, Kim Taehyung! If only you were not so poor! You could be with them right now instead of standing here making drinks. You could be flying through the city with Jeon Jungkook... Taehyung huffed a breath after successfully delivering the blue drink to his customer. With no other customers waiting to place an order, Taehyung quickly poured himself a glass of water and enjoyed the short reprieve from his demanding job.