~Chapter 1~

I never knew how much my life could change when I felt love for the first time. Throughout my entire life, all I've ever known was fighting, learning, and hell. Basic connections were never something I could ever understand. But Athena Academy... was both heaven and hell, good and bad, humane but brutal. I learned a lot about myself and others during my time there... From the students to the teachers, excellence was not a choice. It was a requirement... When you were not good enough or rich enough, you'd get bullied. When you were too scared to have sex with someone, you'd be abused 10 times worst. At Athena Academy, the students run the school, not the teachers or administration. As your rank gets closer to 1, the more luxurious treatment you'd receive. If you were above rank 500, you're as nothing less than a slave. It was unfair to say the least, but it humbled me. It made me into the person I am today ....

- Akuma Abiko, Journal entry 1

"AKUMA HURRY UP! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR ORIENTATION!" Yuki yelled, as her voice echoed through the large, empty dorm room.

"Shit! Sorry Yuki! I thought orientation was on Tuesday." I say, hopping out of bed and running to the bathroom to get ready.

"It's fine. At least we don't have class today, then you really would be screwed."

"yea," I say as I hurriedly put my shirt on.

Yuki Amane, she's my best friend, we've been friends since elementary school. Not to mention she's part of this big time vampire clan! Usually people fear her, but she's such an angel!

"What's with the boxes?" I say.

"Oh, some people dropped them off this morning. They said bring the items in the box with you to orientation."

"Oh, okay!" I sloppily pack up my bags and head out the door with Yuki.

"Did you hear Ugly 1 and Ugly 2 got in? I'm so excited!" Yuki said, checking her phone.

"Girl really, why can't you call them Xion and Leo, or maybe bae and baby? They are your boyfriends, after all. Treat them better!" I say jokingly.

"People need to know that they don't look good," Yuki says.

"But they aren't ugly,"

"That's the point, bbg," she said, chuckling as I joined her.

Looking around, I can't help but admire the school. The high ceilings, the greenery spread throughout the hallways, the massive staircases that look as if they could lead on for miles. Athena is truly beautiful. As we approach the auditorium, two guys wait for us at the entrance.

"UGLY ONE! UGLY TWO! I missed y'all so much!" Yuki yells as she jumps onto them.

"UGLY THREE!" both of the guys yell as they embrace each other.

"We missed you too." One of them says as they kissed her forehead.

"Hi Akuma! I haven't seen you in a while," the other guy says, still embracing Yuki.

"Hi Leo! I know! We haven't seen each other a lot lately. I was locking in for entrance exams."

"Yea, no wonder you have a big ass forehead." The other guy chimes in.

"Xion stfu." Yuki says as she pulls his ear.

"I'm kidding, im kidding!" he says. "All jokes aside, Akuma, you're really smart. I admire you for your hard work. And it's nice to see you again," he says, smiling at me.

"Thank you Xion," I say.

"Lets stop yapping and head on in, I want a spot on the balcony!" Yuki says grabbing my arm and pulling me along. As we take our seats, I can't help but notice the art on the ceiling. It's depictions of the story that completely changed the realms forever, the story that created Athena Academy, the story that brought me here today... All I know is that I cannot lose focus. This is my chance to find the 7 children destined to rule the 8 nations. Before the war got heated, each ruler of the 8 nations sent their children off somewhere safe where they were never to be found again. Legend says that if you are in need, 7 stars go west at 15:15, where Greek myths align with lost bloodlines.