-= CHAPTER SEVEN =-

yayaya

enjoy :)

Tws: blood, fire, death

--------

Azaleapaw collapsed in their nest with a long huff. Since Nightheart's death almost three days ago, they'd had to work harder than normal.
Tonight, Aledpaw would be going to the moonstone to speak with StarClan.
When Azaleapaw had gotten ready to leave as well, Aledpaw had insisted the other apprentice should rest.

"We can't have two tired medicine cats!"

Azaleapaw sighed, snuggling deeper into their nest and letting sleep take them.

Flamed trees collapsed onto the earth, bursting into searing hot ashes and splinters. All around them, Azaleapaw saw her clanmates fighting with stranger cats. The whole clan was being pushed to the back of the camp. Azaleapaw heard screeches and yowls of both pain and sorrow. The stranger cats were attacking harshly, killing mercilessly. 
Azaleapaw tried to run as they saw a warrior trapped against a wall, spitting and hissing as a larger cat slashed at them. The warrior collapsed and fell still, the injury in their neck pouring out blood. The larger cat (who seemed to be the leader of the stranger cats) turned their head and pinned Azaleapaw down with their peircing, deep-green eyes.

Azaleapaw jumped up with a gasp, their fur prickling and their heart pounding. It was night still, but the first rays of dawn were begining to flood the medicine den.
Azaleapaw nearly lashed out at Aledpaw when they pushed past the woven vines.

"Woah! ...Are you okay?" Aledpaw asked, backing away slightly.

"I- I-" Azaleapaw shivered. "I had a dream..."

Forestpaw padded along, Dawncloud, Swanpaw and Redeye behind her. She sniffed the oaks and pines as she walked.

"Fox." Swanpaw pointed out, her nose in a clump of brambles. "It's stale."
Redeye nodded approval with a smile.

Forestpaw froze suddenly. Her breathing began to quicken, inhaling the thick scent of blood.
Blood. Blood, fox scent... and...

"FROGKIT!"